Part of a commentary from a local AM radio talk show host

TwistedCU

I thought this was pretty true...

An excerpt from Ron Smith's "Something to Say"
Thursday, October 21, 2004

As the presidential race hits the top of the backstretch and heads for the finish line, both candidates are doing their best to convince whatever voters may still be undecided that the other guy is so dangerous it might be the end of everything good and decent about America if he is elected.

Kerry says Bush would starve old folks by privatizing Social Security and reducing their benefits while continuing to make the rich richer. The President says his Democratic challenger is an old-fashioned liberal who’d bankrupt the nation while at the same time making it more vulnerable to attacks from terrorists.

On it goes; a constant insult to anyone not totally brainwashed one way or the other. The problem is, insofar as convincing me that we have something to be afraid of, I’m afraid they’re both right, leaving us in quite the predicament.

Re: I just got a new 4-wheeler!

There is never a candidate you can totally agree on, only one that you agree with the most.

Sully said:
There is never a candidate you can totally agree on, only one that you agree with the most.

...or in this case, disagree with the least.

I have a co-worker that said he has A Kerry sign in his lawn, and right next to it is a Bush sign that his wife put out. I'd hate to be at their dinner discussions on politics :lol:

I'm sure there are many such families.

Rebuilt 700-R4

Ok guys I just bought an old Airstream camper and moved it to the foothills. Lets all band together and declare ourselves a sovereign nation. :shock:

Does anybody have a fill in the blank constitution? :roll:

I swear, it makes you feel like just quitting. I think it is called "Election Fatigue". And I too have a good case of it right now.

Back