Ouch !

How did you explain that one to the Insurance Dude! Well you see I was parked out in front of my house and in bed when I hear this really loud crash boom bang sound and when I get out side my poor jeep had been hit and run slamed by a Dump Truck er something! hehehehe tug

That sucks, he got squished between his seat and steering wheel. :SHOCK:

I believe I would have words with Jeep and the manufacturer of the seat bracket. It probably wouldn't do any good, just make me feel a little better.

I witnessed a similar down hill roll happen that was attributed to an alternator. How's that, you ask?
A guy was stuck on a stump going down a steep hill. It was too slick to back up off of it and he couldn't drive over it and had no winch. My buddy was up the hill behind him. We decided to chock his Land Cruiser against against a rock (granted it was very steep), and have him hold the brakes so we could winch the other guy back a bit to get him off the stump. Little did we know, the winch vehicle had a dying alternator. I had a handful of cable being fed out to me when the engine died and subsequently lost the power brakes. The vehicle ramped over the chock and hit a second larger rock. It went up on the front left wheel and over. It did one complete roll before being save by an oak sapling that got wedged between the bumper and tire rack. That tree is the only thing that saved them from a long roll down hill and over the Jeep in front of them. No one was hurt, but the Land Cruiser suffered a bent roll cage, broken windshield, damaged hood and all four corners. Just goes to show how important the little things can be. Since then, almost all of us that ride together have gone to manual brakes and I guarantee he keeps a closer watch on the gauges.

manual brakes??? don't you think that's dangerous? yo have about 1/4 the braking power you should have...

I use a disc brake setup with a 1974 Corvette manual master cyl and one ton disc brakes all the way around. The discs are huge. Besides, I've got big feet. A lot of people run this setup, especially competition rigs.

jps4jeep said:
I find it kinda funny that he is more interested in getting that sticker replaced more than anything.

maybe he plans on putting the sticker over the damage and nobody will ever notice :wink:

man, That looks like it must have hurt. It's hard to believe he's worried about the sticker-looks like he has much worse things to worry about first

Back