OT: IT'S A GIRL!!!!! - warning - large picture (70k)attached

graewulf

yup... you read it right.. we finally got our referral, we will be adopting a (currently) 15 month old Russian child. Its been a long wait but we're getting a daughter real soon!

image-missing.png

Congrats!!!

When you getting her a Jeep??? :wink:

That is fantastic!!! I'm sure you're excited. We have an 19m/o daughter and she is such a joy in our lives. She looks like a sweetie. Congrats! :D

People who adopt are wonderful people! Way to go and Congrats!!!

Name???

I am so very happy for you and Rain! There is a fine looking child, The responceability is so great when you take a child into your family but I know you both and that child will not want for anything. God bless you all in this event! tug

Graewulf,

This is wonderful news!!! Children are a dear thing to have in life and it is extra special when they are adopted. I too think that is a very kind an loving thing to do. I have always liked the idea myself. I wish you luck in the transition of getting her here home. Do you have an idea of how long that might be? What is her name? :lol:

Bless you and your wife,
Lady

LadyJeepFreak said:
Do you have an idea of how long that might be? What is her name? :lol:

Bless you and your wife,
Lady

well we're heading to Russia to see her in a couple of weeks, then we wait for the court date, usually within 3 months after the first visit... Her name is Ekaterina (pronounced ya-Katye-reena), or Katya for short... we're gonna keep the first name because she has already gone through a name change once (she was found abandoned in a basement, so nobody knows her real name). It should be an interesting trip - nearly 21 hours in the air on 3 flights to get there, she's from a region on the eastern edge of siberia, near china and japan. talk about jet lag, 15 hours time difference. It'll be worth it, although expensive...

Congrats to you and you wife. Little girls are great and youll love her being "daddy's little girl", my daughters 2 and its the best!!!!! good luck and have a safe trip. :wink:

Back