On the road again Rollover PICTURES

Sully

Our trip was delayed because the unlimited started making funky noises on the way tio rubicon. We decided it would be best to go home and fix the problem so we wont have any heading to boston. Everything was going good until my peej overheated. Pretty sure my radiator is toast. The white TJ shattered the powersteering pulley and wrapped the belt in the motor. :? I limped mine to kingman arizona and we towed the white jeep behind the unlimited. Good news is we are stationed in a hotel across the street from the jeep dealer and napa auto parts. :D We arent giving up yet and we are shooting for moab by tommorow night. If internet access is available I will report back. For now here is a pic.
MVC771S-6.jpg

So sorry to hear that Sully! Get us some pics when you make it to Moab!

Damn Gas is expensive in Kingman.

RE: check out my home-made roof top tire carrier! (pics)

WHOAH!!! And I thought gas was bad up here with all the MI taxes tied to it...

Best of luck getting the Jeeps happy and running again, hope you have one hell of a trail ride :D

not in 4 wheel

HOLY!! That's crazy!!!!!!!!!! And I complain about having to pay $2.56 here in S. Florida.

RE: Throttle body help

Gas is Crazy Sparky lives south of me and gas up here near the city is 2.23 a gallon then you cross over the MO border and it drops 10 cents, i ship alot of products out of state and the trucking Co has raised the rate almost 200.00 in one of our lanes because of gas prices.

Sully, let me know when you're on your way through boston. we ran some pretty good trails all day yesterday. oh, and if you come that way, make sure you stop and get gas in VT, thats where we ran some trails, 30 cents cheaper there than anywhere in mass!

RE:

HOLY SCHNIKEYS that's criminal!!! OUCH.

Sorry to hear of all the stumbling blocks on your road trip Sully. Here's to smooth running Jeeps the rest of the trip!

Keep us posted and have fun!

Free Jeep!

I think all of the Jeepers in this country need to just go to Alaska and start laying that pipeline so they can bring in the drills......afterall, it's going to benefit us Jeep drivers the most!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

We are in moab now. The alternator in my bro's jeep died and killed the battery. Swapped both of them and then fixed his brakes. We are going to check out the trails here tommorow and the next then onto denver. If anyone wants to wheel between here and massachusetts. Let us know cause we want to wheel!

If you're in Michigan, and want to drive a couple hours north o' the border, the Mounds is a great mud-trail park... My work schedule sucks, but if you're here before August 7, I might be able to work something out, just would need to know the date you'd be here soon...

Assuming I can get mine running again tomorrow morning... :evil:

We are going to be delayed because we had a rollover. :( My dad rolled the unlimited one time total. Off camber and it went over and landed back on its tires. He is ok. But the jeep isnt as good. :roll: Both side windows blew out and the windshield cracked. Hood and fenders that we just replaced are smashed. The windshield frame is hammered. Radiator is destroyedThe rear upper control arm mounts ripped off the axle and snapped a shock in half. And it gets better. We welded the trackbar/control arm mounts and they broke off again. Overextended the suspension and the spring fell out. Then I had to winch/ tow him all the way out. The hole recovery took hours. We got off the trail around 430 this morning and had the jeep towed to town. We are reparing the radiator, rear suspoension and windows. The trip might be done but we might push on. Pictures to come later.

lol I'm guessing I should be happy with gas being 2.05 - 2.11 here. Good luck with your trip. Try not to break too much more.

RE: Death Wobble? More like Horrific Murder Wobble!

Ouch Sully! When it rains it pours, eh?

Hope you guys can finish your trip, but if not maybe you'll do it again another time.

Re: RE: transfer case squeal on 93 yj ??

Here are some pictures.

Before;
MVC838S-6.jpg

After;
MVC854S-1.jpg

MVC872S-6.jpg

MVC869S-6.jpg

The spot of the rollover
MVC843S-6.jpg

Temporary welding camp
MVC874S-6.jpg

MVC857S-5.jpg