Old Man Emu shocks

mingez

I am posting this in Gen Chat because I'd like to hear from both all jeepers, not just XJ. But I have heard good things about Old Man Emu shocks. I am looking for a better ride, while not giving up Trail riding prowess.

Any opinions on these. Or any others?

I hear from friends and some other forums, that OME shocks are comfortable, while still providing off road performance.

POR-15

I know they are expensive.

I have a friend with a '92 YJ. We carpool. He's got an OME 2.5" lift on it and the lift is about 4 years old. It rides better than any other Yj or CJ I've ever been in.

That being said, and keeping in mind a large reason for that is the quality springs, I don't know if I would spend the money on the shocks alone. They might be worth it, but there's some real good shocks out there for less money. The Doetsch tech 3000 is a good choice (alot cheaper). For about the same $$ as the OME you can get into some of the 9-way adjustables that are out there (rancho 9000, pro comp, etc).

Allen Brake Bolt

TwistedCopper said:
I know they are expensive.

I have a friend with a '92 YJ. We carpool. He's got an OME 2.5" lift on it and the lift is about 4 years old. It rides better than any other Yj or CJ I've ever been in.

That being said, and keeping in mind a large reason for that is the quality springs, I don't know if I would spend the money on the shocks alone. They might be worth it, but there's some real good shocks out there for less money. The Doetsch tech 3000 is a good choice (alot cheaper). For about the same $$ as the OME you can get into some of the 9-way adjustables that are out there (rancho 9000, pro comp, etc).

What's weird is that I can't even find a site that prices them. I've searched for hours, and all say to "contact for prices". I'd like to just shopcart them and have em sent.

Does anyone know of a place where they display the shock, along with prices, so I can atleast compare?

My brother has them on his YJ... they ride GREAT. Of course I am comparing them to my AAL spring packs. I have seen them for sale in the quadratec mag.

Back