Ohio Wheelin...???

mujaman

i'm at a college in ohio called cedarville university right now. i'm a freshman here and don't have my jeep YET (its still at home...), so i'm not real familiar with the area. i'm about 45 min. outside of columbus... kinda near dayton and springfield (if anybody knows where that is). i'm from west virginia, so am used to being able to find good mtns. and plenty of trails to drive on. is there ANYPLACE here to go offroading? ohio is so daggone flat!

Sorry for the Ohio thing! As an ol Truck Driver I learned to hate Ohio for their 55 MPH Truck Laws. The folk there are nice enough but the bad taste for their inability to understand the need for a 65 MPH law just made it a place I was willing to go out of my way to stay out of. Being from the Wild and Wonderful state of W. Va. I know you will have some adjusting to do. You might want to think of a different school a little futher south. Here we got trails and a few good schools to boot. Come on down! tug

Hey mujaman! I live in Dayton, OH. There aren't very many places to go wheelin on this side of the state. But there are some places on the other side. Wayne National Forest is a good spot supposedly. There is an off road club in Ohio called 4x4 Trailriders that go to these different areas. Not sure exactly where though. They don't share their trails with anyone that can be viewed publicly online. Reason being is because there are lots of drunken idiots that like to go out on trails and trash them. So they try to keep the trails somewhat hidden from the public. Alot of these areas they go to are south of Lancaster and east of Cambridge. The club offers novice rides but I don't think they will have one until the spring. They seem to be a good club. Another potential place to go would be around Ohio University. I used to go to school there. My buddies would come visit and we would try to find trails out there. I haven't been out there for awhile so I don't know the exact roads to look for. But when we would go there were tons of people on atv's riding across the roads switching trails.

95Jeeper said:
They don't share their trails with anyone that can be viewed publicly online. Reason being is because there are lots of drunken idiots that like to go out on trails and trash them. So they try to keep the trails somewhat hidden from the public.

Gotta watch that spelling, Jeeper. This should read, "THERE are lots of drunken idiots that like to go out on trails and trash them." Being a member of Ohio 4x4 Trailriders myself, I happen to know that the club is a good group of people who are dedicated in making these trails a safe place to go wheelin' for years to come, while also preserving the forest. If anyone is interested in this club, the website address is www.ohio4x4.com. We hold monthly meetings and monthly trail rides to areas throughout Ohio, but as was stated earlier in this post, we do not give out directions and locations to these trails.

Hard top question

Sorry about that Xfactor!!! I feel like the drunken idiot now!! :lol:

I fixed the posts so as not to reflect negatively on that club. In the future, you can edit your own posts by clicking on the edit button on the top right of each post.

Good slip up that can be taken the wrong way, I first thought the club supported that type of behavior :roll: Glad to see it doesn't and that the club is represented on jeepz.com :D

dang now I really feel like a moron. I was wanting to join that club now it seems like I probably shot that chance to hell

thanks for the info guys. i'll have my jeep in about a month or so, and am definitely looking forward to finding somewhere to ride. hey 95jeeper... like i said, dayton is about 20-30 min. from where i am, so maybe we'll go wheelin' together sometime.

Sounds good mujaman!!!!! I have a lot of buddies who like to go wheelin also! They aren't Jeepers like us though!!!! But I think some of them are starting to turn to our side!! :twisted:

Back