No Jeep Blues!

Tug-n-pull

I hope for all of your sakes you never have to go Jeepless as long as I have. It so sucks!!!! I am all most to the point of getting serious about looking for a new project! Summer bunring along and have no top to take down. Weather has been real jeepen weather just wet enought to keep the dust down and I can not go wheeling!

Tug is just venting but you know for the first time I know just what I am going to be looking for and just what I will be doing to it as soon as I get it. First of July is the target date and then I will be out shopping.

Thanks for lending an ear and I am not looking for pitty just need to tell some one that would understand my pain and you bunch of jeepers are all I know that would be able to understand!! tug

Ought to check out some XJ´s, the 4.0 moves right along. A pre 95/96 can be lifted 3 or 4 inches pretty easy, 32 inch tires can be run with a little fender trimming. The auto transmission is generally pretty reliable, the extra comfort is good for the old bones.
Of course, if you have to take the top down, your gonna need a sabre saw or a low tree limb. :lol:
The XJ doesn´t have the snob appeal of the short wheel bases, but generally works just fine for wheeling and even better in many types of off road. But does have enough quirks, to make sure you know it´s a real Jeep. Leaks in all the same places and the electrical system will give you fits.

Man, I feel your pain. My wife won't let me lift her WJ, and it's looking like the CJ won't be going again until LATE summer. I'm dying here. I'm considering selling my Camaro to buy another Jeep that I can use as a daily driver, but I couldn't stand driving factory junk for too long and it would just turn into another project.

I feel your pain! I had my Toyota since I bought it new in '85. Put over 100,000 miles on it just in mud!! Sold it in October with 275,000 miles, and regretted it ever since. That's why I bought my YJ in January....just couldn't do without that 4wd anymore!!! Haven't had much of a chance to wheel the YJ since I bought it, just a little snow, ice, and mud. Waiting for my mud tires, the AT's that came with it are about as useful as racing slicks on greased ice......Was gonna get them yesterday, but things changed: I landed an internship with a guy that runs "Tornado Chaser Tours", and will be heading to Lincoln, NE Monday to see if we can't stir up a tornado or two. With 20 plus years experience in severe weather spotting for the NWS and NOAA, and 30 years experience in photography, he felt I'd fit right in....so, anyway, the cost of gas, food, and lodging for that trip just put my tires on hold for at least a couple more weeks. Yeah, in a long-winded way, I feel your pain, bro!!

need cj-7 rear!

It'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday for me not being in the drivers seat for my TJ :( and about 3 weeks for jeepdude832 on friday

Damn mileone 3 weeks to come out an look at the tj just give me the money already!!!!

Anyone know of a GOOD wireless audio/video transmitter?

MudderChuck said:
Of course, if you have to take the top down, your gonna need a sabre saw or a low tree limb. :lol:

Well there you go Tug. Get a Cherokee and saw the top and back off like some people do. It'd look neat.... though I'm not sure if you'd be able to cover it up again when it rains :p

-Nick :!:

I know that pain Tug. I have an XJ and I still felt the loss. Man the first spring day when I saw all the Jeeps shedding the tops...

...That sucked.

Now I have one in the driveway, but it needs ALOT of work. Even though I'm not driving it now it makes me feel better to see it sittin' there when I get home evenings.

Hang in there and get the one you want... That 4.0L YJ!!!

TC

Thanks for the support. It is hard to hang out here and have no input for the most part. No jeep at jeepz is like looking into a house party thru the window and not being invited in. Tug needs a Jeep that is just all there is to it! When all is right I will have a jeep to. Sometimes things jsut work out the way they do for a reason.

I have found one that is my dream jeep but have not got a price on it yet. Local guy that comes to my auctions has a 95 YJ 4.0 5 speed setting in his garage where it set most of the year. He perfers his Toyota pick up for the most part and only uses the Jeep in real bad weather cause of where he lives. On one of the steepest streets in my county and when ol man winter comes it get and stays real slick at his place. However he bought a small house in town last year to avoid being stuck there in winter with his age and all.

Told me he would most likely sale if I would take him in and out to check on the place in bad weather. No Problem here! hehe the thing has less than 30,000 miles on it all orginal and looks like a new Jeep in all respects. Not even broke in all good and proper. I guess we will see if it is happens or not.

It would seem a real shame to take a really nice Jeep like that and start ripping off and adding after market parts. Lifting and redesigning many of the factory perfect areas of such a well taken care of jeep. NOT hehehehehe Tug

Well Tug if your need-in an jeep fix come on out and I will throw you the keys...2.5 hours and you will be in 4x4 heaven...30 minutes if your need-in a quick fix...lol

tug, don't know the details of why you're not Jeepin', but definitely feel your pain ('specially knowin' where you live - man, this country is Jeep heaven!). Maybe the wife and I can come up to meet y'all and you can drive hers ('94 YJ). She's not much on the off-road stuff yet....but I'm workin' on it. That YJ you were speakin' of sounds like a dream come true. Love the fact that he keeps it around for the winters.....I guess, deep down, he KNOWS!!! Be great if you could get it. Keep the faith!!

p.s. "Mudderchuck"......"snob appeal"?!?!?!? What's with that?

Sorry man, I know the feeling. During times when I've had my Jeep in the shop (sometimes for weeks at a time) I felt so annoyed at not being able to drive it. That was actually a big factor that caused me to go out and buy the CJ-7 a few years back...which I just sold a few months ago. :( I miss that old CJ.

Sorry I haven't kept up with the treads but what happened to Tugly?

You're always welcome to come down to Atlanta...I can throw you my keys for a few and I'm closer than Utah. :D

Thanks folks one and all. I would love to come to all of the places and ride with each and every one of you. sold Tugly back in the late winter. All will work out if I can just hold on and wait. Good to know there are all of you that knows what I mean. Many folks I talk to just do not get it. Whats the big deal about a Jeep? That is what you get form the normal person on the street but you guys that are in the know "know" Thanks for all the support. tug

Man I cant imagine what it would be like to not have a jeep now that ive had one. It drives me crazy to even be gone for a weekend and not get to drive it! But you'll get another one soon tug,and then it will all be worth it. And I bet before youve had it a month you'll have cussed it a few times too! ;)

Nathan

mud4feet said:
tug, don't know the details of why you're not Jeepin', but definitely feel your pain ('specially knowin' where you live - man, this country is Jeep heaven!). Maybe the wife and I can come up to meet y'all and you can drive hers ('94 YJ). She's not much on the off-road stuff yet....but I'm workin' on it. That YJ you were speakin' of sounds like a dream come true. Love the fact that he keeps it around for the winters.....I guess, deep down, he KNOWS!!! Be great if you could get it. Keep the faith!!

p.s. "Mudderchuck"......"snob appeal"?!?!?!? What's with that?

Just a little dig :D at our fellow Jeepers, that think if it has doors, something to keep the rain off of your head and a few creature comforts, it isn´t a real Jeep. P:S: I´m also looking for a YJ, my daughter has co-opted my XJ, she and it, are always gone somewhere. :x

Back