New lift on the way...

That is soooo wierd, I was just looking at that add. Congrats dude. It is a sickness. Pics as soon as it is done.

---pinko. :mrgreen:

Twisted,

I just answered your PM. But nice deal. The Hell Creek website posts that kit for 495. So you got a sweet deal. Don't be surprised if the springs show up at your door separate from the kit. That's how mine came. It's because the springs are made by Laher Spring Corp. (Tom Laher - owner) and the kit parts (shocks, etc.) are Rough Country or Heckethorn. Definitely post some pics when you get it installed. Congrats.

C

Sweet, so is it going to now be a lifted grocery getter?

That's nice. I like the new rear springs instead of blocks or add a leafs.
What kind of tires are you going to run?

Not sure yet on the tires. Maybe a 33x10.50x15 (which may need different flares). The rear springs are supposed to be made to angle the pinion like it is shimmed. Novel idea if it works! I'm expecting to have to do a SYE as well, but I might get lucky.

TwistedCopper said:
Not sure yet on the tires. Maybe a 33x10.50x15 (which may need different flares). The rear springs are supposed to be made to angle the pinion like it is shimmed. Novel idea if it works! I'm expecting to have to do a SYE as well, but I might get lucky.

Yeahhhh, dat's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!! 33's!! You will have to trim A LOT!!! Just an FYI.

Well I was thinking with the narrow (10.50's) 33's and stock 7" wheels/offset it shouldn't be as bad as a set of 12.50's. I've even considered the BFG 33x9.50x15 "pizza cutters" -- I dunno, I'll tackle that later

XJ slip Yoke question

Well, I run the 33's 12.5 and they don't tuck like i'd like. But I always new I was eventually going 5+ inches in the near future.
SYE coming next. I'm nervous to attempt the drill and tap myself. But now I have a bike I can drive to work incase my truck has to sit in the garage for an extended amount of time.

I got the coils, hardware, and shocks yesterday, and the leaf springs showed up today :lol:

I can't believe how good the quality of the hardware from rough country is. Everything is powder coated and very heavy duty. Maybe even more so than my YJ (BDS) kit was - the hardware that is (brackets, etc). The leaf springs from Hell Creek look real good. They have flat seats where they mount on the axle, much like the way Old Man Emu springs are. As soon as I can get a couple days off in a row and get some nice weather... :D

mingez said:
SYE coming next. I'm nervous to attempt the drill and tap myself.
Don't sweat it. Just take out the front driveshaft, put the jeep in 1st gear 4lo and let the engine turn the tailshaft slowly while you hit it with a cutoff wheel. Then drill and tap. Doesn't have to be perfectly straight hole, it's just holding the flange on the shaft.

Congrats on the lift, eveybody I know with one is very pleased with Rough Country.

Back