new jeep guy question

jchaney2

Advise for the new guy

I am interested in buying a Jeep GC V8 2002 or newer come summer time. I have heard of brake rotor issues with warping often, any remedies for this? Any other advise on what to look for or look out for would be great.

Where's the chat?

I couldn't tell you too much about the grands; only Jeeps I have ever driven are my '00 XJ, and my buddy's '95 XJ... I did hear about that brake rotor warping thing, and a lot of drivetrain noise too, maybe in the three years hence, they have figured out the problems...

Welcome to Jeepz... There are many others here who will be able to help you more than I can, stick around...

RE: No Jeep yet!! but

I had a problem with my front rotors warping. Well it happened 1 time in the first year I owned my GC. The dealership upgraded to a 4 piston brake caliper, rather than the stock 2 piston caliper and used a different rotor (I forgot what it was called) and I havent had that problem again (2 years later).

I dont know much about the drivetrain noise that Saurian is talking about. I didnt notice that in my GC. Let me know if you have any other questions.

RE: q and a

Maybe a set of the ceramic pads. They are supposed to not heat up as much and they dont leave any brake dut on your wheels :wink:

RE: No Jeep yet!! but

This isn't Cheney the C.O.T., is it???

Back