muffler selection

currupt4130

VT Hokie
i just got my engine problems sorted out and now im onto what muffler to put back under the jeep. im running straight pipes off my cat right now cuz i blew up a couple mufflers as much as i made the damn thing back fire so now that it runs right i was looking for help on muffler selection, sound, cost and quality

Magnaflow. Lifetime warranty, nuff said. If cost is a concern, go with a flow.

stainless flowmaster is warrantied for life has an awsome sound, and keeps it sound. Less restriction also. If not big on spending $95 for a muffler go for the regular 40 series flowmaster, same muffler just no stainless and costs less at $60

I still like the Flowmaster sound, but alot of street racers have gone to SpinTech mufflers. I've been playing with making my own mufflers from 16ga 304 stainless. A couple designs have actually sounded pretty good. It's harder than I thought it would be to make a compact, good sounding muffler that isn't restrictive.

make my own muffler ,,,, hmmmm i have work to do....

Automatic Hubs?

Flowmaster series 30! top shelf will never rust! Low Down Rumble with a nice Krackle finish on the let off. tug

Quadra-trac/reduction seal

the 40 series stainless has a great sound with the 6cyl. If you watch the part one video you can hear mine when I go through the ditch in the beginning of the vid. I still have not gotten sick of it :p

I got started on the muffler thing because this guy brought me some SS fire extinguishers and had me cut the ends off and make new endcaps that would accept an exhaust pipe. He is an antique car collector/rebuilder and he runs these on a couple of model A fords and a Studebaker pickup. After that, I was just curious about muffler designs and started cutting and welding.....

Back