moter swap?

jeeper411

Well, I dont know wheather or not to swap my 6cyl for an 8? If I do decide to what moters should I consider?I was thinking along the lines of a chevy 350 5.9L. My 6 just feels weak,under powered. I need the power for the trails and highway. What should I do?[addsig]

First of all your year of your jeep would be nice to know...I am assuming you have a early YJ. The 258 does not have near the cohones as the newer 4.0 motors in the newer jeeps. As far as swapping the most popular swap seems to be to chevy. I've seen 305's 350's, LT-1, and even the 4.3 six. Depending on how much you want to spend I guess would determine what you put in there. I have even seen pictures of a jeep with a Dodge Viper V-10 in it... You will probably be better off with a fuel injected motor than carbed. If you've got a six already you should have a good enough transmission to hold up on the power of a 350. Advance adapters makes adapters to fit just about any motor to any trans so they would be the ones you want to check out for swaps and stuff. Also note that swaps of this nature are not cheap...expect to spend at least $3000...you might could cut that a bit if you already have the motor and you do all the work yourself.[addsig]

Back