Moment of Silence Please

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
August 23, 2003 was a dark day in the history of jeepz.com, one year ago today was a day that I will not forget!

Often the first person to reply to an topic, he was a True jeeper that would help anyone out in every essence of the word!

Although most of us never met him in person, he had the ability to touch everyones life in some manner!

I don't want to type too much but I would like to offer this thread up as a tribute to a fallen fellow Jeeper!

Josh Higgins (jhiggins) Tou have been truely missed, and not forgotten!

I ask that every member, at some point today, simply take a couple of seconds and Pray for Josh and his family!

image-missing.png

black safari top brand new

How ashamed am I that you had to remind me of this today? I am glad that you did however, because I will give a fellow Jeeper the minute or two of solitude he needs. I will again pray for his soul and those remaining family members and loved ones. Thanks JPS.

Lady

------------------------------------------------------------
Posted One Year Ago by Me on My Own Site (Some Quotes from other Jeepz Members)

This is in memory of a jeeping friend that I meet online and never had the chance to meet face to face. He is wonderful young man that helped me alot when I got my new Jeep and was learning all about Jeeps. Josh never hesitated to post or write to me and answer a multitude of questions and was even working on a modification part for my jeep right before he passed on. I was expecting it to come from him in Texas, but unfortunately it was a package that never came.

Last night while at work Josh (Jhiggins) was in a traffic accident and lost his life. I don't exactly know what to say except that he was one of the nicest people that I have ever met. I had the privilege of wheelin' with him, and he would give you the shirt off his back. He has some really great things going on in his life right now. It seemed that he had his entire life in front of him, and it was taken in a tragic accident. One good thing that I can say about this situation is that I know that he was a Christian. Please pray for his girlfriend, friends, and family.

JOSHUA C. HIGGINS, 22, died Saturday August 23, 2003. Resident of Pearland, attended Calvary Chapel S.E. Church, served in the United States Army as a Ranger, employed with the Diamond Group.

May the angle Michael guild thy foot steps Josh
May Uriel open the doors of heven to thee
May Gabriel blow his horn letting the host know that a saint has arrived
May Raphael comfort thee.

Shema Yisrael, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Echad

We will never forget you Josh, and still pray for your family and your fiancee daily.

Heather April

steering coupling

I can't believe it was a year ago today. He definetly hasn't been forgotten, nor has his family. Josh will always be in our hearts, today and always. He IS missed.

--- Ian

Being a fairly recent joiner of the clan, I never had the pleasure of meeting Josh. But I can tell by the comments and the sigs that he musta been a helluva man. He and his will be in my prayers.

I knew this date was coming up. It seams like that day all over again. We still miss ya bud. God bless.

I'm with Mud on this one. I arrived on here late and never had the luck of meeting Josh.... Every where I look there is evidence of "Jhiggins". His Spirit will definatly live on in JEEPZ.COM.

GOD bless HIM and his Family. My prayers go out........

Terry

muffler ?

Nice thought (moment of silence) Johnny. This must be very difficult for his family, Cassi, and all who were close to him. I will no doubt say a prayer for all to be comforted.

I do miss him. I guess that I am one of the luckiest ones here in that I had the chance to meet and wheel with him. He was so nice. He really encouraged me to come out and wheel with him. When we went, he went out of his way to show me a good time. He taught me and was patient as I learned. He wanted to know what I wanted to do and what I wanted to try. He was never condescending if I did not want to try something. He went to special effort to position himself to get good pictures of me wheeling. The picutre in my signature is a picture that he took. When we were out I hit some pretty deep mud with my window down and slung some mud onto my windshield frame. Up until a few weeks ago that mud was still there. Every time I saw it I thought of Josh. I did not clean it off, but it must have fallen off.

I was also lucky enough to attend his memorial service and represent the Jeepz members. I cannot take credit for the idea, but many kind Jeepz members sent money to purchase flowers for Josh's memorial service. It was an awesome display from many people who had never met Josh in person. It said a lot about who Josh was, but it also said a lot about what Jeepz is!

Back