mod to a '94 Yj

YJnamedTJ

ok so far i hace accumulated alot of articles and some parts of the puzzle id like to call a decent buildup...so far ive got this on my mind:
Near Future:
a cool air intake
4.0l throttle body sway
an electric fan out of a taurus sawp
alternator swap an inertia ring add on
a borola cat and cat-back exhaust
a rancho addaleaf suspension lift
buggy leaf suspension
shackle reversal( i read yall dont lik this mod )
3core radiator
flush mounted tail lights
rool cage from or fabw/streamer bars
Later on :
ford 8.8 swap
strengthing the dana 30
warn lockout hub conversion
warn wench
lockers front and rear(any advise?)
and a spring over lift to top it all off
oh yeah an 33" tires of coarse

but as of right now im basically stock except i have 31x10.50r15 at from bfgoodrich so yeah any advice would be help full pluse the down side to all of the things ive listed cause i havent seen to many down sides and that kinda scares me .... cause im farly new to building a jeep from a stock one so yeah well thanx guys

transfer case lowering kit?

ok ehres what i say to your mods...ditch the intake drop in a k&n.i would go with just the free flowing muffler and would just gut the cat. buy a good lift and put Tj flares on and get rid of the shackle lift. i would go with the super 30 kit for your front axle nice arb air locker and everything thats my 2 cents i would also invest in some good tow hooks lol

Yup, ditch the idea about the cold air intake, don't help jeeps. Besides, you will suck in too much water. K&N filter in stock sirbox is great.

Here is a question to everyone else. Are those air lockers reliable with those air lines and overall quality, wouldn't a true locker be better?

Air lockers are not that relaible from what I've seen. I wouldn't spend the money.

Sounds like you've got a good handle on what you want to do. Forget the SRS (shackle reversal system).

As far as the intake, I agree with the above posts, drop in a K&N into the stock box, but remove the airflow restrictor too! It is a cone shaped restrictor in the tube coming from the front into the filter box. I've read that there's one after the box in the tube going to the throttle body, but I didn't have one for whatever reason.

For the $$ you'd spend on a shackle reversal and add-a-leafs, you could get a decent suspension lift system.

yeah ditich the cold air intake and set up a snorkle system :lol: its pretty easy and there on tons of write-ups on doing this mod using only parts from your local hardware store. also i would go with a spool in the rear( tons cheaper than a locker) and a detriot in the front. also i would say to go for the bigger and better ford 9inch axle instead of the 8.8. it is mopre work but the end results will be much better and stronger. or go with dana 44's. if you plan on owning this jeep for a while and love to offroad or want to replace that puny( sorry guys) 4 banger with a small block this is the way to go.

no but i have looked at the tourque numbers. :lol: :lol:

And, I get almost 20 mpg! Torque? That's what 4lo is for!

no need for buggy leaf suspension, especially if you intend on going soa eventually... it will be WAY too unstable

sound bar

You guys know where I stand on it. 12 mpg is rediculous, I HATE IT. My bumper sticker says Jeep Engines Suck

lol.. iam sorry to all the four bangers out there i didnt mean to offend anyone but i have seen 4cyl jeeps with oversized tires in mud holes in 4 lo that cant even turn the tires. plus riding on the clutch to get her moving must get tirering after a while. but to each his own. :lol: a jeep is a jeep ia a jeep.

well why do i read that the position of the stock box will suck up more water? and i dont plan on doing a soa for a long time so should i just look for a 1.5 to 2" lift to tide me over for now? and the d44's what vehicle could i pull them off of to get a pretty close fit to my jeep? as for arb lockers i dont like that idea because ive seen the hoses get caught and ripped out of a friends and cause major damage...so yeah but where can i get the writeup about the snokel made from hadware store stuff? and is there any other better ideas? well yeah how bout the 4.0l throttle body does that help any? sorry if im asking alot of questions im kinda new at this i ve just gotten bit hard buy the jeep bug ya know

Back