Mingez went wheeling today. ***Warning!!! LOTS of pics!

mingez

Re: Another cooling question.

Actually, my intent was to scout Quail, but I ended up wheeling more than scouting. Funny thing is... I found praire Chicken, but no Quail. I did however spot some watering holes and potential covey strongholds. Threw some seed, so.. we'll see. Until then, let's Jeep!!!

Also, it gave me a chance to try out my new Digital Camera. Of note: this is only 10 minutes outside of the city. Very liberal on hunting and wheeling.

So...here we go:

On the way, I took this of the Organ Mountains that overlook Las Cruces. It's a weird day cause it's been raining and there are some low laying clouds covering them. It was a pretty day though. I couldn't figure out how to open the aperture, so the pic is dark.
beginning-1.jpg

Here's the TJ...Nicknamed "Roshambo" kinda clean, pre trip.
clean-1.jpg

I lost one of my velcro straps that I use for tying up the disconnects. All I had was a tie, and well, if it works...
(I didn't like that tie anyway.) :lol:
tie-1.jpg

Since I was alone, only mild trails today. Here is a river bed where I spotted praire chicken, running all over the place. Unfortunately, my camera has ridiculously long 3-4 second delay before it snaps.
P1050043copy-1.jpg

Random Trail Pics.
P1050019copy-2.jpg

P1050027copy-1.jpg

Flex? Not bad I guess.... but it wasn't a very big ramp.
flexside-1.jpg

flexfront-1.jpg

More Random Trails...
P1050028copy-1.jpg

P1050029copy-2.jpg

Here are pics of some of the local flora:
P1050030copy-2.jpg

Trees aren't the ONLY things that turn color in the fall!
P1050032copy-1.jpg

Nice shot of GREEN desert with mountians in back. It has been raining like crazy down here!
P1050034copy-1.jpg

Our State "Flower". The Yucca:
P1050016copy-1.jpg

Trailing back to the city...
P1050037copy-1.jpg

Stop to look...
P1050039copy-2.jpg

Almost to city...
P1050042copy-2.jpg

HMMM....whatta we have here? MUD IN THE DESERT!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
P1050044copy-1.jpg
P1050045copy-1.jpg

P1050049copy-1.jpg
P1050050copy-2.jpg

Well, that's it. Wasn't anything hardcore, but my dog thought it was!! (in window)
P1050052copy-2.jpg

P1050051copy-1.jpg

---Mingez

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Spare on the roof made for some exce

Great lookin TJ. U happy with it so far ? Like it or the XJ better ?

Great pics, Mingez! Love the "action" mud shots. Is that the ol' MJ?? If it is, you sure got 'er looking good. Looks like you got some great wheelin' ground out there............maybe some day the Muds can make the trip (we've got a son in Durango that it's "our turn" to go see). Nice to see pics and hear of wheelin' - no Hulk hands needed! :lol: Been gettin' a little tense on here lately :shock: I think we could all use a dose of that pretty country.

Peace,
the muds

jeepguy46176 said:
Great lookin TJ. U happy with it so far ? Like it or the XJ better ?

Well, they are just "Different". I'm not being political here. It's just that they have the ability to do different things. Hill climbs go to the XJ. Also, right now, my XJ is much more capable due to the Gearing and Lockers. (4.88 and Lockrights on the back)

As for my TJ I love it! It's size and wheelbase allow me to get into smaller areas than the XJ.

They both rock.

Mud said:
Great pics, Mingez! Love the "action" mud shots. Is that the ol' MJ?? If it is, you sure got 'er looking good. Looks like you got some great wheelin' ground out there............maybe some day the Muds can make the trip (we've got a son in Durango that it's "our turn" to go see). Nice to see pics and hear of wheelin' - no Hulk hands needed! Been gettin' a little tense on here lately I think we could all use a dose of that pretty country.

Thanks... It's always fun!! And you are correct: It's been a little tense lately. I'm really trying to make a concerted effort to avoid that stuff. My life has been tense too, hence my urge to get out.

Day after tommorrow... if it flies it dies!! Quaill and Banded Dove huntin'!!

Re: RE: Mingez went wheeling today. ***Warning!!! LOTS of

So, is that really the "MJ" that we had a little fun with?? ............Never again - that thing looks good! Good work!

RE: Re: RE: Mingez went wheeling today. ***Warning!!! LOTS

Hahahaha, yeah, I had to put several extra coats of paint to get all the pink out!

RE: Re: RE: Mingez went wheeling today. ***Warning!!! LOTS

Great pics Mingez, heck those ought to carry you through for another 200 posts or so :lol:

Seriously though, that TJ looks good, and that flex pic makes a good case for those "car springs"!

What's the dog's name?

TwistedCopper said:
Great pics Mingez, heck those ought to carry you through for another 200 posts or so :lol:
Oh my god! :lol: Now, you know I don't need pics to multipost!!

TwistedCopper said:
What's the dog's name?
"Crackers"

She's the bomb and a stray I found in downtown Denver. Great Jeep dog.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Mingez went wheeling today. ***Warning!!!

mingez said:
Hahahaha, yeah, I had to put several extra coats of paint to get all the pink out!

No, no, no, not the Surrey! Please don't tell me you covered up that beautiful, manly PINK!! I was referring to the Black(ish) and White one that you recently purchased and we all were calling the MJ/TJ? Remember? If so, no more jokes here!!! That thing looks better than my '03!

But.........................................man, how good would that thing look with that Surrey top! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - Good luck killing those poor, defenseless little birds :lol: :lol: :lol: Plug 'em a couple times for me - those things'll scare the shite right out of ya'!

RE: Monday morning laughs

mingez said:
Here is a river bed where I spotted praire chicken, running all over the place.

I think I see one in the bushes. Yeah, that's the ticket, right over there, sure, just look really close. :wink:

P1050043copy-1.jpg

firemanharry said:
mingez said:

I think I see one in the bushes. Yeah, that's the ticket, right over there, sure, just look really close. :wink:

P1050043copy-1.jpg

image-missing.png

Whattya mean? I see it. :?

mingez said:
firemanharry said:
mingez said:

P1050043copy-1.jpg

image-missing.png

Whattya mean? I see it. :?

Damn thats funny....great pics. I am so jealous there aren't places like that around me.

I actually got caught snickering at work!

Today, 2 quail only. Went out after all, cause it warmed up a bit and the sun came out. I saw a few, but not much action. Bagged two. :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeep Gladiator Concept Truck

Are you talking about the flex pics... I know. It's not REALLY quick sand but the tire did sink a bit.

I think he meant that mud that looks like a ltiile splash-through puddle, then it sucks you down quick. It's not true "quicksand", but that's what it's called. Check out the latest edition of JP mag, or maybe it was the one beofre that - there's tips to getting out of it with a hi-lift.

RE: Pictures from my trip!

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time out in the desert out here, never came across anything that might be quicksand-ish. Just not enough moisture....usually.

hmmmm, well I guess thats a good thing..
Ya the tire in the mud made me think of it.

Back