Manual Transmission Drivers-(Survey) What rpm range do u drive in?

dingus

Re: RE: Got nailed with vehicle inspection...need fender fla

Ok, just for curiosity's sake... what RPM range do you drive in? In my '94 XJ, the shift light comes on usually around 2000 rpm's and even with 218k, she still pulls fine down there even lower than 1500 rpms (4.0 HO motor). I usually shift around 2500-3000 and manage to get 20mpg's commuting to work in a congested 45mph area...

-Nate

RE: Replacing my 2.5 with a 4.0

Lower 3 gears I stay between 2300 and 2500 RPMs, but 4th I'll take up to the 2700-2900 range, unless I'm not in traffic, then it's only 2500. I've been getting between 20 and 23 mpg with my 4-banger and 31's.

I run between 2500 and 3000 now that I gutted my cat, and changed the O2 sensor. before I was running between 2000 and 2500.

I revved the snot out of my 4 banger YJ and it loved it. The transmission didn't though.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Gas tank size question answered

My little 4banger will run to the moon at 3000.......4th gear, of course. Going up these mountains, I'll sometimes be revvin' around 4K, just to stay around 55. For some reason, she don't like runnin' below 2500, so when she drops below that, it's time to downshift! I usually net 18-20 mpg, unadjusted for 31's.

RE: Never too tough for MOM!!

I used to be really conservative and shift at about 2000... now I usually keep it around there and 2800 since a few years ago when I made the exhaust a bit noisier. I like to have that power on demand without having to downshift. I stay right at the bottom of the power band now

RE: Throttle body help

speaking of power bands... where is mine? the only thing i found online when i looked was that i make peak HP at like 3900 or something (4.0)

RE: cam position sensor question....

Normally I shift at right about 3k.

RE: Doetsch Tech shocks

Around 3500 with a 2.5L and 5spd, but gotta keep those 33"s turning. These 4 squirrels like to scream since I've added the performance cam and other mods.

Back