Line-X vs. Rhinoliner

Special_K

What's the difference between Line-X and Rhinoliner spray-on liners besides price?

I got a quote of $400 from Line-X vs. about $600 for Rhinoliner but I've not heard of any reason why one is more than the other. I know Rhinoliner is the premier brand but is it just brand name that you pay extra for or is there some added value in going with Rhinoliner?

Rhinoliner is supposedly more flexible but if you are looking at wanting something cheaper, get a gallon of epoxy paint(about 15.00-20.00) and add 6 cups of sand (free at local beach), add more sand to get needed viscosity. Put on with roller and paint brushes and dab. You can't tell the difference. I just did another one this weekend. Just make sure the area is clean. Wipe down with alcohol.

Line-X is much much stronger than rhino.........prolly strongest on market......take it from me im a line-x dealer

Okay, here's what I found out. I just called 3 Rhinoliner dealers and 3 Line-X dealers. First of all, the prices can vary greatly from dealer to dealer. Rhinoliner dealers charged $500, $550, and $695. While Line-X dealers charged $400, $450, and $500.

They all said Rhinoliner is softer (you can dig your thumbnail into it), it's generally sparyed on thicker, and it's lumpier whereas Line-X is harder/stiffer and thinner. Line-X dealers also said Line-X is a hot spray which adheres to the metal better won't doesn't peel off as easy.

That said, Rhinoliner's softer texture is good for slip resistance (better for pickup trucks) but not necessarily a selling point for Jeeps...but the softness will cause things to grip it and try to pull it up more often. All things considered, I think I'll go with the Line-X. :)

If you have an Amra Coatings dealer around you, consider them as well. It is guaranteed for life, applied with a great amount of heat and sprayed on at an extremely high pressure. It's not soft like Rhinoliner either, and they can spray it as thick as you want, however you want.

End Yoke #2... broken.

I am a huge fan of Line-X. It is the best aspect of my Jeep! I hose the jeep out both inside and outside after coming off the beach. The stuff looks brand new after 5 years and is solid as a rock. Here is a picture of the Line-X in the back. I say go for the Line-X :D
image-missing.png

I've already set up an appointment with Line-X. I'm leaving my YJ with them tomorrow AM and they should have it ready by Thursday. :D

Back