lets talk air compressors

far_right

christmas and my b-day are both right around the corner, and i figure its time to get a compressor. what kind does everyone have. ive been doin a little research, and im thinking something along the lines of a 30-45 gallon horizontal dual stage compressor with atleast 5hp. also what tool do you use, i can get IR tools at cost so that is what i will prolly buy but any other suggestions?

IR tools are really good never had a problem with any of mine

YJ wheel cylinder

I picked up one form home depo on sale that is 5 horse 30 or 40 gal with a hose ratchet paint gun and something else I can't remember what, I think it was in the $350 range but it has been a while. It has worked really good. I painted the front of the Jeep with the paint gun and have used the ratchet a lot. It seems to keep up pretty good.

Oil-less I think. It is a Campbell housfel (however it is spelled). It is actually the inlaws but since I live here I use it more than anyone else. I have seen a bunch in adds for around 300 that are 5 horse 25 gal with tools. Obviously if you fork up the money for a nicer one it will probably last longer but the one we have has worked great.

Whats needed for a d44 install?

Obviously if you fork up the money for a nicer one it will probably last longer but the one we have has worked great.

yea i kinda subscribe to the theory if it is possible to only buy something once, buy the best you can afford.
how many CFM @90 PSI is yours?

if you plan on doing any poainting or sand blasting get a 45 gallon tank with a minimun of 7.5 horses. the one i have is a 7.5 horse and 40 gallons and it doesnt keep up as fast as i would like when i am sandblasting large parts. i have also seen some larger air comp modles with a v-twin style design..these look l;ike somethin us jeepers could really put to use. :D

ya, I have a husky 60 gal 6.5 hp.
works great , belt driven. oil in crank......

cost was 500.00 now on sale for 450.00

any one have real life CFM numbers it takes to run a impact wrench, most places ive seen said double the CFM of the largest tool you will be using

If CJ= Civilian Jeep......

well, if your like me and have others using the air while Iam using it also, Look for 9-12 cfm at 90psi .....
Seems to keep up well. ...
Sanders really eat up the air.

I use Ingersoll Rand air tools at work and they are excellent.

Back