let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

dingus

yesterday in southeast PA, we got about 8 inches of snow... what fun! this being my first time out with the jeep in the snow i took it easy until about 5pm... then all hell broke loose. with my 3" lift recently installed under me, i went about romping through whatever was in my path. I did stuff i could never imagine happenning. big climbs that are tough for my friends' GC in NO SNOW, i cleared with 8" and a big 3 foot plow pile in front of. This jeep is incredible in the snow. i burned about a quarter tank going about 25 miles... what fun! anyone else get a chance to go play in the snow? c'mon PASmoke... i know you did![addsig]

I had to work out of town for the two day of winter wonderland that we had. Went to Asheville NC to set up a fire place and wood stove auction. Going across Sams Gap on the TN and NC border in a Cadillac Escalade {pardon my spelling} with four other guys. The driver a great friend of mine looks over his sholder and say just how do you put this thing in four wheel drive anyway. Then I started to sweet it a bid. Then we found a young damsel in destress off the road in the ice storm. we were so far back in the sticks that a cell phone was useless. I was glad to get out of the Bling Bling Rap mobile and in to her ford front wheel drive. So my play in the snow was driveing her safely in to Asheville into a hotel in a ford tauras. We saw at least thirty five to fourty wrecks and stuck vechicles on the way. Had a Toyato tundra do a 360 and then a 180 right in front of us at 45 mph. That was when she wet here pants a little. She is now most likely safe in Greenville SC where she was going when the storm hit. I was jonesing so bad to be back here in my Jeep in TN. Winter is fresh though and there is lots of fun to be had befor the spring fun begains. Glad you had fun with your jeep though. Later Tug[addsig]

no snow to report in iowa yet
image-missing.png
[addsig]

We got a light snow here in New Mexico on Tuesday. Not much but enough to cover the roads with about 3 inches. This quickly got compacted and iced over. Well I decided to go for a spin around 1AM just to see who all was out in the ice and snow. Man was it ever funny to see ppl doing 180's and stuff in their cars and even suv's. I never laughed so hard. Fortunantly I didn't see any wrecks...the traffic was very light. It was fun to cruise along in 4hi watching all the poor 2wd ppl slide...hehe. Saw a couple jeeps...they weren't sliding either hehe.[addsig]

Man, I miss snow!! Somedays I feel like I need to move back up north! BUT, I don't have to shovel here!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back