jeep crossroad

jeepmaster

i have a difficult jeep decision to make here so i thought id ask your opinons. i have a 1994 YJ which i am about to do an SOA on, today i was presented with the opportunity to get a 1996 XJ and sell the YJ to my younger brother who is soon to turn 16. i have never owned a cherokee but orignally wanted one before i got the YJ. this offers the chance to fufill that dream but i lose my toplessness. what would you do in this situation, XJ or YJ, both have the 6's manual or auto doesnt matter to me, im not even sure which the XJ is. i could still lift the XJ and all,(straight up rustys!!) i need guidance from you wise jeep owners.[addsig]

i have a 97 XJ and absolutely love it. you said the one you are lookin at is a 96... which unfortunately is the last year before a moderate update was done. 97's have a much-upgraded interior and slightly smoother exterior. other than that though... that 96 sounds like a great vehicle. just make sure you're gettin a 4.0 liter and not the wussy 2.5!!![addsig]

YJ > XJ, Just my way of seeing things. I like the simple tool feel of te CJ, YJ, TJ's. there is not a lot of plush confort or suv feel to the Jeeps like there are in the xj's. I am not saying that the XJ s not a Jeep, they just dont look and or feel like one. tug :cool: [addsig]

haha you can still take the doors off them tug. umm would i need an SYE and a new driveshaft if i lifted it 4.5" + 2" shackles?[addsig]

XJ's are great. i love mine. took the rusty's kit just fine. XJ's have front coils (hence no shackle lift) and rear leaf springs.[addsig]

I sold my TJ and bought and XJ and I even though I love the XJ...I really wish I would have kept my TJ. I am not searching for a CJ to take the TJs place.[addsig]

I would keep the YJ. However, if you have always wanted an XJ but love your toplessness, You have some serious thinking to do. Is there a way to keep the YJ and get the XJ? If so, do it. Then you can have two jeeps which is twice the fun!!![addsig]

tarsij makes a good point keep both. Money is no fun in the bank. Spend spend spend. :evil: [addsig]

heres my thinking, i get the XJ and mod it as id like and let my bro have the YJ and let him mod it up, i dont see any reason why he wouldnt let me borrow it everyonce in awhile and he could take the XJ, a jeep for a jeep right? this way i add another jewel to the jeep family crown with the XJ and still have acess to my old YJ.[addsig]

Back