I've joined: Has anyone Seen This?

Robrt-Stephens

ford rims on jeep

www.amerrescue.org/

I have joined their sub division, H-DRI (Hurricane-Disaster Response International, Ltd.).

They contract to 'modified' 4x4s, and other 'off road' (the actual off road type of equipment - utility based) for emergency reponse all over the world. A bunch from England and Scotland are in Indonesia right now. This could be incredible for some of us. I will be receiving my packet and other docs. in the mail and will keep us posted.

Well, VEX gets re-lettered for livery data. (There's a method to my madness on this topic......see Behold shortly)

RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich"

Never heard of it, but it looks cool. With such a biig family it would be unreasonable for me to sign on to something like that. They do have a local thing around here called More4, which is a volunteer group to help transport the sick, injured, elderly, or what have you in the event of a snowstorm or other emergency. I was thinking of looking into it.

These type of things are good for our hobby. We get a bad rap as it is and anything that gives it a positive image is a good thing.

I was a member of the Red Cross Disaster Relief Response Team several years ago, and used my Toyota 4wd on a few missions. I was also on call at the hospital where I worked for transporting doctors and essential support staff in the event of a severe snowstorm or other emergency where 4wd vehicles were needed.

Whether using your Jeep or not, volunteering in these programs is the way to go, nothing more rewarding will ever be found.

RE: Vegas Bachelor Party aftermath prank (work safe)

thats cool.. i'm thinking of looking into that sort of thing around here... since i live & work only a few miles from the hospital.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich&a

Sparky-Watts said:
Whether using your Jeep or not, volunteering in these programs is the way to go, nothing more rewarding will ever be found.

That's certainly true. I'm a member of the Search and Rescue here, and I love it a lot (plus you get to be on the good side of the Sheriff and his Deputies!! :wink: )

Back