It is Official

L33TJ33P

I am officially a 2 Jeep Owner. I purchased an 87 Pioneer Edition Cherokee. Standard with 4X4, 4 door.

Stock Jeep for now.

Few problems are noted at this time.

Altenator will not charge. Well, it could be a bad battery I suppose but I am leaning towards the Alt. Considering it runs fine when attached to Lil'bit with Jumper cables and as soon as you detatch the cables the battery takes a quick dive to nothing and the cherokee shuts off.

It was stolen a few years ago so the Steering colom is just NOT there. Will have to fix all that so that I have blinkers and such.

Supposidly, an engine mount is cracked. How tough will that be to fix??

Other than that it is mostly Cosmetic. Engine runs fine (when it has power) and not much Rust at all. Mostly around nuts and botls in the back of the interior.

Congrats from the Muds (both kinda 2-jeep owners by proxy)! Hope you got a good deal on it!

the engine mount should be pretty easy, I did the 1"MML on my yj, I guess it just depends on how much room is in the engine bay

Polls

Congrats L33! That is awesome and it sounds like a good purchase! Did you get lil bit straightened out from the last accident? I had wondered.

Lady

Is the rubber engine mount broken, or is the engine support or chassis cracked? The rubber isolator can be replaced easily, but the metal will have to be welded. A chassis crack right where the engine supports meet it can be an aggravation. No room for plating and stress is high, especially with a long and tall I6 engine. I had a crack that kept coming back on the frame of an old CJ that I used to have, right where the support bolted to it with four bolts. I ended up having to sleeve the holes and welding the sleeves to a plate on the outside of the frame that was long enough to clear the cracked area.

Sorry to break it to you but man, your ruined. As if one jeep hurt the wallet enough just think of what two will do! Congrats!

Back