iPods

mud4feet

Alright all, I'm 53 years old and come from the days when 8tracks were the best things to hit the planet. I just bought mudwoman an iPod shuffle for
Christmas...........the size of a pack of gum and we can put 240 songs on it!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: Does anyone else use an iPod or something similar?? (duh, I THINK SO!!!!) I've tried through the years to keep up with the technology (I'm a surveyor, so it behooves me well in my job), but this ****e totally amazes me!!! LONG LIVE THE MUSIC!!!!!! All you other old farts need to get on board. Like my tire cover says............"Life is GOOD!"

Merry Christmas all, I listenin' to some tunes!!!!!!!!

happy mud

Well now that you have the ipod it's time to teach you how to illegally download the music for it...

Just got my brother an iPod Nano and my parents got him a gift certificate to nike.com so he can buy the running shoes that go with it. Yes, the shoes talk to the iPod telling you how far you have ran and how far you have left while playing music at the same time... through the headphones! It's pretty cool. www.nikeplus.com

That nikeplus is cool, it's got an insert for your shoes to communicate with your iPod. Bought my wife a Nano last year and it's been great. I really need to get her car wired for a direct link to the OEM radio, it'll then display the song name on the radio, and the radio controls will control the iPod.

Technology has come a long way, my '06 patrol car has an accessory jack in the radio to plug in an iPod or similar device, standard.

Whatever, I just got the cassette insert thing that lets you play cassettes in your eight track. Remember that? That was better than Government Cheese.

Wait a minute....let's not get crazy....we all know the only thing better than government cheese is government peanut butter.
Last night I fell asleep to Mud singing along with his iPod at the top of his lungs.
And behold.......another monster has been created!

Mudd if you that excited about "Muddwomans" IPOD, you had better get one for you or I see some good ole' fashioned feuding going on.;) ;) ;)

Alright all, I'm 53 years old and come from the days when 8tracks were the best things to hit the planet. I just bought mudwoman an iPod shuffle for
Christmas...........the size of a pack of gum and we can put 240 songs on it!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: Does anyone else use an iPod or something similar?? (duh, I THINK SO!!!!) I've tried through the years to keep up with the technology (I'm a surveyor, so it behooves me well in my job), but this ****e totally amazes me!!! LONG LIVE THE MUSIC!!!!!! All you other old farts need to get on board. Like my tire cover says............"Life is GOOD!"

Merry Christmas all, I listenin' to some tunes!!!!!!!!

happy mud
Aren't they great? I had a 40 gig Ipod video that I picked up on craigslist, but it died one night when I dropped it while walking up a flight of stairs on campus. fell nearly 2 stories. It actually worked afterwards for a while but the songs would freeze mid song.

Looking to get another.

Before I got one I thought it was overpriced and gimmicky. I had an I-river and a Sony MP3 player, both major competitors. But it's the controls and intuitive software that make the Ipod so damn great. Someday, someone will be innovative enough to compete.

How do I hook my turntable up to an iPod?

:???:

1. Take the RCA outputs of your Turntable, to an RCA to Midi converter jack (2.99 at Radio Shack)

2. Plug the male portion of the Midi jack into the Ipod.

3. Download "podzilla" onto your ipod.

4. On your IPOD, go to "Recordings" and select "Line-in Record" As shown on the pic below:
4856521329797276JPG-2.jpg

5. Begin recording and drop the needle on your record...

Wallah!

Betcha didn't think someone would answer your rhetorical, tongue-in-cheeck question did ya? :p But it can be done!!!! So pick one up ya old fogie. :lol:

1. Take the RCA outputs of your Turntable, to an RCA to Midi converter jack (2.99 at Radio Shack)

2. Plug the male portion of the Midi jack into the Ipod.

3. Download "podzilla" onto your ipod.

4. On your IPOD, go to "Recordings" and select "Line-in Record" As shown on the pic below:
4856521329797276JPG-2.jpg

5. Begin recording and drop the needle on your record...

Wallah!

Betcha didn't think someone would answer your rhetorical, tongue-in-cheeck question did ya? :p But it can be done!!!! So pick one up ya old fogie. :lol:

Schweet!! I'm on it!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, the only place I listen to music is in the Jeep, or occasionally in the van at work (cheapo stock GM stereo). I have most of my CD's converted to MP3's already on disc. I guess the only advantage of having an iPod would be for rough wheeling to keep the CD's from skipping, but when I'm wheeling that rough, I have the stereo off to listen to the Jeep. I've seen too many friends tear stuff up bad when the stereo is cranked too loud to hear something in the process of breaking.

Those nike shoe inserts man, i heard if you start slowing down they throw on a pump up song untill you get back to speed then go directly to where you left off before you started slowing down man its amazing, something you need if your a lone runner like myself. with someone you push your self naturally by competition but when your alone the only thing that pushes you is when you hear the neighbors dog barking his head off....

merry xmas ya'll

Back