Improved Performance.. Turbonator??

H2oSki2Live

I almost put a Turbonator into my 01 Suburban a while back, but then forgot about it. Now that I've got a 4-cyl YJ I was rethinking putting one in there. Supposed to improve the air flow thus improving gas mileage and HP.

Has anyone ever installed one of these in their Jeep? Worth the $60?

is it like the Tornado, cause I have heard alot of people say that they don't work.

i think it's supposed to be like that tornado intake piece you put in your air intake hose and it's supposed to act like a turbo, but i heard it doesn't work.

Don't waste a cent on the Turbonator or the Tornado. Both are a sham, a crock, and a downright hoax.

Read this thread: Info about Tornado Air Intake

Here are a few links I posted in that thread by independent sources who tested the Tornado:

WCPO.com Tornado Fuel Saver Test

WRGB.com Tornado Fuel Saver Test

WTNH.com Tornado Fuel Saver Test

WISTV.com Tornado Fuel Saver Test

And a quick search on google will turn up dozens more that blow their product out of the water and back into the sewer where it belongs.

Snitty said it best in this post from that thread:

Snitty said:
as for the tornado... spinning the air is not going to make it go faster... the air is only going to go as fast as the cylinders will draw it in... if the air is "organized", then yes, it CAN help atomize the air/fuel mixture... but.... get this... air goes through the tornado.. gets "organized"... hits the throttle body, deflects off the butterfly valve, reaches the bottom of the intake under the TB, turns 90 degrees... moves out to any of the 4/6 intake runners.... turns through them... enters the head... turns 90 degrees downward... hits the valve and turns nearly 90 degrees again to reach around it.... by the time that air hits the throttle valve.... that swirl effect is long gone

ahh hah Cars reference...good movie...love the bull

$$$$ saved again!

Actually think my first Mod is going to be to pull off the belt driven fan and put in an electric double fan. For how I will use the 4-banger, should work out better for me.

H2oSki2Live said:
$$$$ saved again!

Actually think my first Mod is going to be to pull off the belt driven fan and put in an electric double fan. For how I will use the 4-banger, should work out better for me.

Good for you! I've got the Flex-a-Lite single puller, and I believe it is the one thing that has made the most difference in mileage and power (not much, mind you, but together with others it adds up). I ordered mine from Quadratec, and had it installed in about 45 minutes. It took me longer to find my tools than it did to install!!:lol: Sunshine had recently cleaned and reorganized the garage, and I still can't find some things....that was over a year ago.:(

TwistedCopper said:
Hey dat dere's funny... I don't care who ya are!
:purple:

Thank you very much...I'll be here all week.

Don't forget to tip your servers and bartenders.........................................

Back