I'm friggin pissed off!!!!!

83CJ701DakRT

Well not to long ago I got my 83 CJ7 painted, about 2 months ago actually. Well I was showing a buddy of mine that hasn't seen it since it's new set of clothes and I noticed something. The paint is bubbling up below the gas filler opening :-x . I was pissed. But the solution I was thinking about instead of having it redone and blended and all that crap, is to get the rear stainless steel corner guards for it. My question is this... how close to the gas filler surround do they come up to??????. I can touch up the paint if there's a little gap between the 2 , it won't really be noticed. If anyone has these, please let me know what the gap is between the 2, thanks......Michael[addsig]

Don't want to rain on your parade but you got a 20 year old tub and rust is under your paint from the sounds of it. I would talk to the body shop that painted it and hope they will fix it but most shops do not say they can keep the rust from coming back. Just add some good rich sticky mud and roll on! Tug[addsig]

Back