I am sure you boyz can help this chick out *Smile*

Katelynn

RE: New Tires

I am having some troubles with my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L V8...

The AC/Heater only blows HOT air...

Can anybody help me? I am trying to figure out if I can fix it myself...unfortunately my boyfriend and I broke up..causing me to pay double the rent I was paying and cannot afford to have it fixed by a mechanic. I really need my AC!!! LOL!!!

Here is what I found out so far....

I did a diagnostic I read online (pushing in the AC and RECIRCULATION buttons and turning the climate control one click ClockWise)

It returned the error codes:
System Faults
23 = Right temperature door travel too small

Input Faults
38 = Mode pot was open
43 = Engine air intake temperature bus message missing

I then tried to calibrating AZC door actuators, that I read about online...and now I only get the error code:
System Faults

Thanks so much for reading...
*Kisses*
Katelynn

RE: Re: RE: I wish I was this cop!

I wish I could help you... AZC actuators, mode pots, temperature door travel sizes...

wow-5.gif

Hopefully someone who speaks this foreign language will come along shortly and help you out, but in the meantime, welcome to Jeepz!

RE: A little help from Pocono people

Can't help ya, I'm afraid, my XJ is too low tech compared to yours, I guess... When it's acting up, I just wiggle the knobs, or hit the panel with one of my shoes, works wonders...

Welcome to Jeepz, hope you hang around... Someone on here should be able to help you out, give it time, and stay cool :)

Thanks for the welcome y'all :)

Looking like it is the error for "Right temperature door travel" Darn thing just blows Hot...and I live in Florida!!!!!! Arrrggg

I don't what to do...455 isn't working... (4 windows down, 55miles) lol

*Kisses*
Katelynn

Break out the sawzall and chop the top off. That's what I would do :wink: .

Or just wait until one of the smart people around here comes and tells you what's going on

From what I you posted, you may have a sticking blend door.
If your compressor is kicking on and running and
If the acumilator/dryer(round cylinder silver thing near firewall) is getting icy cold to the touch
This tells me that the A/C system itself is working and producing a cold evaporator temp. The duct work is a system of vacuum operated doors that shut off the hot air from the heater core(which stays hot usually) and opens the doors to the evaporator and allows the fan to blow the air through the fins of the evaporator and up and though your vents.

A sticking door could be fixed maybe by bumping with your palm the plastic housing under your glove box.

I have fixed plenty of problems where the real problem was not the compressor or freon level.

check out below a view of what the housing may look like, the heater core and evaporator sit down wind from the blower all of the air from the blower passes though them. the blend doors open and close separating the heat from the cold air or blend them if you set you controls requiring that.

image-missing.png

RE: tj lift parts wanted!

Ditto to what 90Xjay said. A sticking door could mean you have a nice, cold condenser but the air isn't blowing across it like it should... Unfortunately if kicking it and looking for disconnected vaccum lines doesn't solve the problem, you might have to actually get in there and that would be a big pain.

Just to make sure the system is working, I'd pop the hood and check the lines running to and from the compressor / evaporator. One should be nice and cold and the other pretty warm.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions...I will try kicking the darn thing *giggles*

The compressor is kicking on...

Let me try to explain it a little better:
No matter what temp you set the Heater OR AC to..it blows HOT ONLY..
The error on the display is saying
System Faults

So it would say to me that the door that controls the temp is open or closed. I did try to take apart the front of my Jeeps dashboard LOL...I could see inside and see things moving back and forth when the Jeep was started...then it would error, so hopefully it is something simple?

Keep me in your thoughts boyz...keep those suggestions/comments coming!
*kisses*
Katelynn

ps...thanks 90Xjay great avaitar
thanks jay79cj7

Thanks everyone else!!! Still trying to fix it...but wanted to say thanks for working with me on trying to figure this out...

Does anybody know if there is such a part as a "mode door actuator" for my Jeep? I sound way more technical then I really am by the way, just been doing a lot of reading! I also called Chrysler and told them my error and they said that would be the first thing to check. I would like to try checking with a multimeter???, but don't know how.

thxs!
*kisses*
Katelynn

I am probably stating the obvious, but just in case... That should be the motor that moves the door inside the ductwork to control where the air blows. It might be electric, but it might be a vacuum operated motor. If vacuum, a multimeter won't help you. If you can find where it is, see if there is a hose loose.

That should be the motor that moves the door inside the ductwork to control where the air blows. It might be electric, but it might be a vacuum operated motor. If vacuum, a multimeter won't help you

Exactly right. :wink:

You know, Katelynn, if you are strapped for cash, but dying for a/c you might want to take your rig into a good local shop who will give you a free estimate, there are still some out there who will do that.
Then If they quote you a decent price, maybe they will take a payment plan. I used to do that for certian folks, heck I even held a gold ring as collateral in my store safe once till a guy could pay me back. There are some decent people still running repair shops, maybe you could get some help there. Without meters and some tools, you should not attempt to tear into your duct work like that. BECAUSE, when a customer would bring a car in that they had tried to fix themselves before, it always made me feel funny about doing the work.

I hope it works out for ya.

That should be the motor that moves the door inside the ductwork to control where the air blows. It might be electric, but it might be a vacuum operated motor. If vacuum, a multimeter won't help you

Exactly right. :wink:

You know, Katelynn, if you are strapped for cash, but dying for a/c you might want to take your rig into a good local shop who will give you a free estimate, there are still some out there who will do that.
Then If they quote you a decent price, maybe they will take a payment plan. I used to do that for certian folks, heck I even held a gold ring as collateral in my store safe once till a guy could pay me back. There are some decent people still running repair shops, maybe you could get some help there. Without meters and some tools, you should not attempt to tear into your duct work like that. BECAUSE, when a customer would bring a car in that they had tried to fix themselves before, it always made me feel funny about doing the work.

I hope it works out for ya.

RE: New Jeeper...

Man, I bet if I was a jeep chic, I could get all my questions answered right away!

JK, I too am no help with the A/C. I would upgrade the 455 to a 475 mode and pray for a cool breeze. :wink:

LOL about the upgrade to 475!

Kicked the box last nite...still no luck!

Does anybody know where the door actuator is located?

Gosh, this is getting to be a pain, it is getting hotter and it is getting humid here too...(in Florida).

Thxs *Kisses*
Katelynn

Man, I bet if I was a jeep chic, I could get all my questions answered right away!

Thats pretty much true.
I go to the tire shop here (had a few different problems with my tires so far)
1st time they did the labour for free and charged me for some bolts
2nd time they charged me super cheap for repairing my flat
3rd time they did everything for free

the one guy keeps asking me when i'm going 4x4in next.. he keeps trying to pick me up, he actually gave me his phone number.

welcome to the site Katelynn, sorry to hear about the bf and getting screwed over with rent, i've been screwed with rent a couple times too :S

BUT HEY BOYS!!!! i belive there is fresh jeep meat on the market (for those who mentioned i ruined their fantasy back when i said somthing about the bf)

Thanks for the welcome antsinmypants!!!

Yeah it does suck about the rent...live and learn!

I am trying to locate the actuator now...so I can remove it and bring to the dealer. Anything I can do to try and fix this for as little as possible will be a huge weight off my shoulders.

Back