Hummer is coming after the Jeep

southtj

With an H4. Good luck hummer, you won't get my business.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103462

image-missing.png

It almost reminds me of those late 70s (?) Broncos with the removable hard top. I wonder how big it will end up being....similar to a wrangler or bigger!

Sweet! Competition is the mother of innovation. It wouldn't hurt the Wrangler to have a little competition, would it? Might even be good for it.

i sort of like the way it looks. but still hummer is never going to be able to hold a candle to Jeep. no matter how hard thay try thay will never have the history or the image that Jeep has. yes the hummer served our cuntry but thats not its image. the hummer image is 24" wheels, subs, TVs and all out bling. and well we all know the Jeep image of "lets see if we can climb that" or "lets kick some nazi butt." but yea, compitition is the mother of invention. i do feel that only good can come from this.

Well if you think about it, the Hummer actually did replace the Jeep -- on the battlefield 20 years ago.

And I recently saw a Jeep Commander in a Missy Elliot video. So it appears that no vehicle is immune to such treatment.

Hummer is also unlikely to launch a second range of soft-roaders, a move that Jeep is taking to exploit sales with owners who don’t need its “Trail Tested” off-road abilities.

“It’s not the right time to be rounding off the corners of the Hummer range yet,” our source says.

I wish that were Jeep's point of view.

What a pile! It looks like it's adopted honda CRV suspension. Nice......

Well it'll sell. But if it does come to production it'll probably be no better than the base wrangler, at the price of a rubicon. I'd never buy it, rather ugly in my opinion.
Mike

usually I'm pretty open to the new concepts. I try not to pay attention to the manufacturer and give it from a "Non jeeper" point of view.

I liked the new Toy Land Cruiser.
Like the Jeep Hurricane
Like the new Bronco Concept.

But that thing's a turd, straight up.

judge09 said:
It almost reminds me of those late 70s (?) Broncos

nah, the late 70's bronco's were cool looking. That looks like crap.....

On the other hand, it might force Jeep to make some much needed changes. GM isn't afraid to stuff some power between the fenders, and that will be a big comparison point. The weak drivetrain components that Jeep has been so willing to stick us with for so long will soon be coming into question too if GM gets into this segment. Not that the small GM axles are strong or anything, but the rear GM axle makes the D35 look even worse. Better transmissions too.

Considering most SUV vehicles, including Jeep, usually don't hit any trails, it will sell good. Low rider Hummer?

On a side note, Hummers have always been after Jeeps. I mean at least when towed or winched out....

Back