How many miles can I expect?

MerkL

TPS at Idle

How many miles do you guys think I should expect out of Super Swamper TSL's 33x12.50. I would be driving about 10 miles to school and back, and it would see the trails about every other weekend. Some guy told me he got 5000 miles, but I think thats not accurate. Thanks.

5000 miles?? I think they would last longer than that. I've got friends with Boggers that have lasted much longer. I've never owned TSL's though, so I couldn't tell you exactly

If you rotate them properly, you can get 20,000 easy. My first set of tires were swampers and I got around 30K.

Thanks laneiac. That's what I was thinking, somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000. I just wanted a little confirmation. I thought my friend was pulling my leg, but he looked serious. Maybe his odometer stopped working or something. :D

Air pressure, wheel size, climate/terrain, proper rotation, and driving habits are big factors in this. I could see getting 5000 mi if they were run real hard. 20-30k is possible too.

I've seen a set of Radial TSLs wear out at probably around 5000 miles......twice. I got around 20,000 miles out of a set of 36" bias TSLs, but that's the best I've done. It helped that the Jeep only weighed 2920 pounds, but they were run hard. I could see 25,000 miles from a set if your alignment stayed set, the Jeep wasn't really heavy, you kept them at the right pressure, etc.....but I wouldn't count on it unless you plan on running them till they won't hold air anymore.

It's okay, by me if it gets 20,000. I have a set of street tires that are almost new, they just don't preform that well off road. I'd have two sets, one for street and one for the trails. Thanks for the information guys, keep it coming.

If you have two sets then don't worry about it. The best thing to do is run a set until they are about half tread, then unload them on one of your buddy's and use that money toward a new set. Keeping a fresh set of tires always helps.
I'm getting ready to unload some 39.5" cut Boggers for some 42" TSL's. Any takers?

Back