How bout this weather down south!!!!!

Jeepster05

The southeast is now just a blanket of ice, IT SUCKS!!!!!! I just got back from my friends house and I slid the whole way in 4wd. It's like a skating rink. Before it froze it was fun but now it's just dangerous even for jeeps haha. For everyone in the Raleigh area I found a really cool place to do some dognuts, go to Shelley lake and go to the entrance with the bigger parking lot. I just did a 10 consecutive loop doughnut. Have fun and be safe.

yeah i'm wating for the day off work wensday..over a foot they say...thats plenty of fun in the snow time...just figure do i take out the jeep or the old mazda for spinning...gotta love them ebrake turns in the snow!

yeah but you get to work on your jeep all day and not worry about cold or snow. I wish I could work on the jeep year round.

i love winter.... i love the change in seasons... i love looking forward to the better season.... i love the challenge in driving... i love that everything is not always the same... though... i hope summer doesn't forget us this year like it did last year

Thanks

A little hint from the north east! when it is wickid icy out. air you tires down to about 15-20 psi (depends on the tire size) this will give you a little better traction.

I wish I had a digi camera...but, I live right on the ocean here in Marshfield, and it's frozen. You say, the ocean doesn't freeze?? Think again! It's frozen! It's wickid cold here. I took my nefew down to the beach yesterday, and he wanted to go home and get his sled because there are HUGE mound of ice that you can sled down...he was find just sliding down on his butt, but still. I couldn't believe it.

It's so weird, too because you see see the water moving under the ice..which makes the ice move..it's just wacky...

Here is a picture from last year, and this year this jetty this year is surrounded by ice, not water.
image-missing.png

decals

Dont know what your talking about. It was 75 yesterday here in jax, fl. This is the SE. You are just E. I was just in SC a week ago. It was nice as can be. Sorry to hear you had a weather change.

I know it's nuts but, how do I lift a pop-up trailer

Here in Wilmington, NC all we got was a sh*$ load of cold rain. It was like 34 and raining - hell id rather it just snow at that point. I love snow, rarely get it here though. Lots of ice not far west of here though. Must be that warm Ocean air.

Jeepster05 said:
What are you tryin to say that NC ain't the south???

Its not north carolina for nothing. Now if you said SC you would be ok. But since you own a jeep its all good. We will let you think you are southerner. Beside's y'all dont have the full southern accent. Not to mention on a map you are prety much in the center of the east coast line.

Hi all, Yes i'm still alive, freezing , but very much alive 8)
Laura its the same here on the cape the ocean has been frozen for weeks, it really cool to look at. If I get up some corage to go out and skate across my yard to the water ill take a pic and post it for all you guys soking up the sun to laugh at. All in all I have to say my cherokee does the best in the snow of all the cars/truck ive owned. I spun out on the highway a month or so ago but there was that damn ice under the snow. It doesnt matter what kind of great snow monster your driving that ice is vicious!!!!! :twisted:
To all drive safely, or just rent a few movies and enjoy the warmth of the home. :p

Lot to cover here!

JPS - I aired down yesterday. I grew up in Mass :wink:

Laura - I remember the Ocean freezing up on one side and the Bay on the other in the 70's. Cold winters on the Cape are fond memories!

And The Mason-Dixon line is the north-south border. I don't agree that PA would be, heck if they had PA, they probably woulda won! If you say that N/S Carolina split the border you're leaving out VA, WVA, TN, KY and MD, too. That is downright southerner blastpheme ain't it?

Personally, I look forward to going back to the other side of that line. 100 degrees, 100% humidity, and Hazy is pure hell for me. They took a boy out of New England, but New England is still in this man. PA this year, but going home to Mass is in the 10 year plan!

I slept my way through history, and I know what you are talking about. However the bottom line is what my eyes see when I look at a map of the USA. You are not in the south.

Come on guys, Virginia was at the top of the South, and North Carolina did not succeed. They seceded. And about the weather, you can't get better than the Heart of Dixie (Alabama for those who don't know) it's a nice 40 degrees here today.

Back