Hockey fans?

mud4feet

Just finished watching the USA Olympic team get beat by Slovakia (????). Is it just me, or does Olympic hockey really suck. Looks like "All Star" hockey to me - not fluid at all (both sides of the ice). Wish the NHL'ers would go back to makin' money (and keeping the season going) and the Olympics would go back to amatuers (except the ol' "Eastern Bloc", of course). I was very disappointed.

On a side note, haven't seen the women play yet. Anyone seen them??? I'm sure there's lots more passion in their game.

I watched the women play the other night and it was like watching a NHL game in slow speed. They really move alot slower than the dudes. I got bored very quick. I heard on the news that someone beat them for the gold.

I hope so, but if the men play like they did today it won't happen.

I'm all for the Olympics going back to amateurs. The professionals play all the time and get all the glory. Give others a chance to show what they've got.

amatuers all the way. i love the NHL playoffs cause thats when hockey becomes pure, but during the reg season, i'm more of a college hockey guy. unmatched passion and a pep band, can't beat it. nothing better than a group of 18-25 year olds going at it on the international stage.

Yes the NHL and IOC only have a deal through the next Olympics in Vancouver (2010). I don't think any decisions will be made until after Torino though with regards to NHL'ers in the olympics.

Can't wait till the Olympics come here. I'm gonna try and get tickets to some of the hockey games if they aren't too expensive.

Wow beat again :(

They may still make it to the next round. Only Latavia could knock them out - and that's doubtful (although nothing would surprise me).

Canada's playing like cr@p! Again I think it comes down to the professionals playing. They won't hit or play as hard because they don't want to injure themselves and risk ruining their "paid" season in the NHL.

joedirt said:
I think if Canada doesn't smarten up they're not going to win the gold.
I think that if they don't smarten up they're gonna win nothing....the way they're playing they don't deserve to be in the medal round.

So I guess we can close the book on both the Americans and the Canadians. So much for the "dream team" pro stars. Give me the amatuers anyday!! If I want to watch the NHL, I'll watch the NHL. I was kinda hoping Italy would pull some "miracle" upsets..............much more entertaining to watch.........

Olympic hockey sucks.

Sucks that Canada got knocked out. I was kinda hoping for another bench clearing brawl like the one Canada had against Russia years ago. I'm sure some will disagree but fighting is a part of hockey.....always has been. I sure hope they change the rules (hopefully by 2010 when it comes here) and disallow professionals from participating in olympic sports such as hockey.

Back