Hi Lift

FiCJeep

alright i was 4wheelin today and came over this ridge and this retard was parked right in the middle of the trail..........so yeah couldnt stop slick as ice cause of the rain and i hit him........i managed to put a slight bend/arch in my hi lift.........is it possible to straighten it out or is it shot and a new one needs to replace it???

thanks FiC

I was just in an autoparts store today and noticed you can purchase indivual parts for hi lifts. Can't tell you wether you need a new one or not but it might be cheaper just to buy the part you need for it.

If it is a slight arch and still works use it! Should not be any more scary than a new one hehehe. Use caution always but even more now and keep on jacking. tug

Oh yea did youread him the right act for being so stupid on the trail! tug

i would mess around with a lifting device... scrap it and buy a new one

Get a new one, you dont know if that thing is gonna twist in your hands while your jacking up a vehicle.Someone could get hurt.

sorry no pics but its not bad.........if it was bad i would pitch it for a new one but i think it maybe salvagable

If you don't have access to a hydraulic press you can do this........
Make a bridge out of your jack by putting small blocks of wood (such as 2x4s) laid flat under each end.
Place another longer piece 90 degrees as a ramp, in the middle with the arched side of your jack turned up.
You can use the weight of your Jeep now and drive up onto the ramp you've made.
You can adjust the height needed to straighten it by additional short blocks of 2xs under the ends.
I've used this method many times for straighting bent metal when it won't fit in my press.
If you don't see any signs of metal fatigue it's probably just as good as new.
Good luck & always be extremely careful when using it for lifting.
These HiLifts tip very easily!

Bending it back should not cause it to be unsafe. You probalby do not want to use it while it is bent. Do as toyman, suggested, and you should be find. You will just have to be cautious , as we are suppose to be with hilifts anyways.-al

Do you think the Jeep weighs enough to bend it back? I would think it would take a larger vehicle. I'm not really sure though- just throwing that out there

Back