hey tug...or other motorcraft 2150 owners

jeep90

could someone please repost where you got your motorcraft 2150? i am swapping my weber for that and i seen a good price somewhere that tug posted. thanks

why would you downgrade your carb? if your weber isnt working right its b/c it isnt ajusted right, not b/c its a bad carb

It's not a downgrade. A 258 operating at 70% volumetric efficiency, which is generous for an emissions laden 258, would require about 280cfm at 4,500rpm. The big 2150 is about 290cfm. I use the 4,500rpm in the figure because that's as far as the factory cam will pull and the crappy intake port won't go much further. If you are winding further or have manipulated valve-timing and flow ability past that point, then yes a 400cfm(or whatever) webber would obviously be better. On a completely factory engine, the 2150 is where it's at. Once you need larger.....skip the toys and get a 390-600cfm holley.

Not a down grade at all. The motorcraft will out preform on angles and is ez to work with. As for the source I used mine came from Advanced Auto
http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDet...de=CHR&MfrPartNumber=6384&PartType=26&PTSet=A is the isting for mine. To save on the core charge go to the junk yard and buy a 2150 in pityful shape for a couple of bucks and use it for the core. I am not knocking the Webber but from all I have read the motorcraft is far less problematic and with the Mr gasket 1937 adapter plate it is a bolt on and go project! At least it was for me. tug

that weber has been adjusted every which way possible. one day i spent about 6 hours adjusting that carb. got it to run better but it just wont stop stuttering and backfiring when you step on the gas. if you gradually apply full throttle it wont backfire but it will hesitate real bad. if you stomp on the gas right off the start it will backfire through the carb. im just sick of it!!!!!

Back