Herculiner Photos

hi_c

Last week or so, there was a post on here about installing Herculiner. I finally found my photos, scanned them in, and loaded them to my Website along with an intensive install journal. If you'd like to go see the photos click here Hope this helps anyone thinking about an early spring project. Let me know if you have any questions.

:cool: [addsig]

looks really nice.you got me re-thinking about doing this job to my jeep :-D :-D [addsig]

I have been thinking of doing some type of bed liner/rhino/herculiner/protection system.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand offers better:
Protection
Durability
ease of installation
asthetics (how it looks)
performance
cost evaluation
I know that there are some brands that can be purchased at Kmart and are reletivly cheap, and some are profesionally sprayed in. Personally I plan on doing it myself, I don't like other people working on my vehicles.
Johnny[addsig]

hi c, Just for you to know and others MEK stands for Methal ethal keatones. you are right it is essentially acetone but is specifically used to clean metal. They all fall under the name mineral spirits.[addsig]

I was the one that posted the question about the hurculiner... and may I say this looks really nice! I plan on doing it soon! I just have to find a weekend that I wont need my Jeep...[addsig]

Looks good. I just painted my side diamond plates in duraliner. Thinking of doing the interior also. :-? [addsig]

i think i'll just drive into a pool of the stuff.... but seriously... i'll be doing the entire jeep with it... inside and out... it will be quite different, but much more affordable than a pro paint job. i know that as soon as i do it.. i'm going to want to line everything in it... shoes, gloves, hats, cell phone, computer, everything... i love the concept[addsig]

I tried to go with the cheap stuff - duplo color truck bed liner. It was 20 buck a can and the Herculiner was 100. I followed the directions but it pealed and cracked after one year.

I was great while it lasted, but now I have to wire brush most of it off.

gunner[addsig]

I'm glad you all approve. I've found it to be real tough and have no gouges yet. I've had it for just over 6 months. I strongly suggest it to everyone. I might buy the quart for $50 this fall and re-coat it for added thickness and protection. I'll give it at least a year before deciding on this though. I have heard that if you like to leave your top down all the time and it's not garage kept, that it will start to fade. I'll know more after this summer.

Check back to my site later this summer for when I install my 4" lift. I'm gonna go with the Hell Creek Suspension. I'd like to get some BFGoodrich 33x10.50 so I can fit them on 15x7 rims.

c[addsig]

I tried to go with the cheap stuff - duplo color truck bed liner. It was 20 buck a can and the Herculiner was 100. I followed the directions but it pealed and cracked after one year.

I was great while it lasted, but now I have to wire brush most of it off.

gunner
was that the wal-mart stuff??[addsig]

The tub looks great! Good job!
:-D [addsig]

That sure looks great. Herculiner is probably going to be my last project on my current jeep before I sell her in favor of a 99 TJ. I'm sure its gonna be fun putting it on and I hope I can get results like yours.

TARSI[addsig]

Back