HELP- You all have never steered me wrong before.

mingez

RE: All Time Favorite Movie

What should I do?

Black rims for the XJ
Roof Rack for the XJ
Half top for the TJ
Black rims for the TJ
Winch for the XJ
One more inch of lift for the XJ
Body lift for the TJ
Front bumper for the TJ
Rear Bumper for the TJ swing away tire carrier
Rear Bumper for the XJ swing away tire carrier

Sell the XJ and put all of the money into the TJ
Sell the TJ and put all the money into the XJ

I'd probably never sell either, but you never know!

Jeep still surges

win the lottery and do all of the above.

but actually, didnt you get a really good deal on the TJ? depending on how much money you've put in it, you could sell that and make a profit.

May I just point out...

Bounty__Hunter said:
I'd wheel one and keep the other for a DD, that should help direct where the mod money goes.

X2.

Get a winch. Maybe a quick mount so you can use it on both?

I like TC's idea about the quick mount for the winch. I don't know if I'd like black rims on the TJ, but I think they'd look cool on the XJ. As far as selling one or both....NO!!!!!!!! I hate to see anyone sell off their Jeep, even if it's to buy another one. To me, it'd be like selling off my first born. I sold my old Toyota, the first 4x4 I ever owned after 18 years of ownership. I bought it brand new, put 275,000 miles on it, and then I kicked myself everyday since I sold it when I think about all the places I'd been, all the things I'd seen, and all the good times I'd had with it.

As far as bodylift....no. Maybe an inch is ok....but nothing higher than that. I'm just not a fan of any body lift.

Black rims for the XJ, yes, Consider AR 767s from American around $40, if you have a Discount Tire near, they can get them fast and cheaper.

Roof Rack for the XJ, Surco makes a darn good safari rack and the CH100 mounting kit, mounts the rack right to your factory rails, clean and neat install.

, why not?

Rear Bumper for the XJ swing away tire carrier Yes, but get ready to spend $700-900. If you want to fab one up yourself, you can look at my project, it cost me under $300 and turned out nice. Be aware of how the rock bumpers they sell mount to the back of the XJ, remember there is no frame really to bolt to, when you take off your factory rear bumper, there are these "bumper-etts" sticking out that it bolts too, but those alone are not strong enough to pull with. You really need to tie it into the same bolt holes that the factory tow hitch bolts to in order to be strong.

and I agree with everone else, don't sell either Jeep!!

Bumper/Tire carrier combo for the TJ and or the roof rack. Are you planning on getting one of the convertible ones that allows you to remove the soft top with it on? That's what I want, but they're quite expensive. I'd keep the XJ for the daily driver just because it has better security and I'm betting it's a nicer ride than the TJ. Or is mine the only one that shakes the kidneys down to my feet when I'm driving?

You've been neglecting the XJ, ifn you're not careful, it's gonna get all angry and start dumping oil all over the place in spite :)

I would say winch, or swing-out tire bumper, though that roof rack looked crazy cool too...

RE: Re: RE: stupid cars with stupid doors

Mingez wrote:

What should I do?

Black rims for the XJ
Roof Rack for the XJ
Half top for the TJ
Black rims for the TJ
Winch for the XJ
Body lift for the TJ
Front bumper for the TJ

:roll:

MMmmmmmm ... so how does any or all of the above mesh with your soon to be (hopefully) status of full-time and starving Rad Tech student?

Regards,

X-Ray Vision Gadget :wink:

Which one is your daily driver right now? I'd buy something for whichever one is NOT the daily driver.

And I like TC's idea of the quick dicconect for a winch. put a hitch on the front and rear of each vehicle (starting with whichever one is the main wheeling rig) and get one winch. Then, you can use it for any position you get stuck in.

And, I would keep those wheels that you have on the TJ. I really like those a lot.
The one that could use the black wheels now is the XJ. Those black $29 wheels that are always in the Quadratec catalogue are pretty sweet. I had them on my YJ and they were very nice. Soon there will be some on the Chevy.

Get a roof rack on the XJ, then you won't need a tire carrier. Throw it on top.
Paint the wheels black on both or get them powdercoated if you have the dough.
Winch and front bumper for the TJ should be mandatory.

RE: Re: RE: stupid cars with stupid doors

Inspector-Gadget said:
Mingez wrote:

What should I do?

Black rims for the XJ
Roof Rack for the XJ
Half top for the TJ
Black rims for the TJ
Winch for the XJ
Body lift for the TJ
Front bumper for the TJ

:roll:

MMmmmmmm ... so how does any or all of the above mesh with your soon to be (hopefully) status of full-time and starving Rad Tech student?

Regards,

X-Ray Vision Gadget :wink:

That's a good point, however I just discovered that the waiting list is 2 years long. So, while I am saving for that, I have to live "in the now" too!

Although, the reason why I'm even toying with the idea of selling one vehicle is for that very reason. Use some for mods, and most for school. And while money is not plenty, i've managed to save more than I expected.

I say "donate" the XJ to me. You could write it off on your taxes and I will get a nice Jeep.
The way I see it, its a win win situation :D

RE: Selling my Jeep....

Do it all. Over time that is. After all even if you do everything on your list there is always something else your going to want to do. Jeeps are never finished.

My vote goes for rear bumper for the XJ swing away tire carrier. You already have a front bumper, why not make it match with a rear? Next I'd do black wheels for the XJ.

Get a suga' mama'

and then do what ever her bank account can cover!

I say wheel one, D the other too!

RE: How do I take the doors off?

As for items off of the list, I'd have to agree with the winch and some multiple mounts on both vehicles if you plan to wheel both. That brings up another point though.....are you going to wheel both? If so, then why build them up the same way? If not, then why build them up the same way? See where I'm going with this?

and I can see black rims looking kinda cool on your XJ, but when it comes to the TJ.....that's just crazy talk. :lol:

Back