Heavy sigh, I can't figure it out. The Jeep is loaded on the

bigTlilODD

I'm on my way to the mechanic. I can't figure out what's wrong with "Toby". I thought it was just missing, but after plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Then messing with the timing, nothing changed. So I loaded it up and am on my way to my mechanic. I'm going to be pi$$ed, because it'll be something simple. [addsig]

I hope for the pocket books sake it is a simple little ez to fix deal! Good Luck Tug[addsig]

Well, mechanics are paid to diagnose problems, and fix them. Hey, at least you tried the most common causes of misfire. Now you've got new plugs, wires, and whatever else you got. -al[addsig]

if i can't figure something out... i always use the mechanic as a diagnostic center... i take it there, he tells me what's wrong, gives me a free estimate, and i fix it myself... i always throw him some money for his time, because i know its kinda ignorant to use his time and not compensate him for it... but so far, haven't had to do that with the jeep.. they are pretty primative, easy to diagnose... unless we're talking old engine problems

edited by: Snitty, Apr 26, 2003 - 04:04 AM[addsig]

big,

it's always good to ask for help, 'cause there's always someone smarter, faster, more experienced and of course, better looking. :-O

what was your engine's symptoms?

blue[addsig]

Thank you all! I'll pass on your sentiments to Toby.

The mechanic I took it to, is great. He's done work on a few of my wifes cars, before I met her. She totally trusts this shop. Which is a good sign to me. Any shop that a woman truly trusts, should be good! When I drove it around to the back of the shop he said it sounded like it was missing. I told him that I put new plugs and wires on, but not a new cap. I was getting spark from all four wires, so I didn't do the cap. On a positive note, there weren't many cars in the yard. So that means I should hear from them relatively early on Monday. When doing the paperwork he says to me, "Is that the 6cyl 4 liter?" I says, "Nope, 4 banger not liter." He replied, "You want a 6 cylinder in it?" I told him, "YES I want. But can't afford."

Bluebelle, It was acting like it was missing. It almost sounded like I was driving a Volkswagon. It was a little sluggish, too. OH ya, and there isn't anyone better looking than me, Ask my mom, she says I'm the most handsome man there is. Well, she use to say that before I started getting tattoos.

edited by: bigTlilODD, Apr 27, 2003 - 04:50 PM[addsig]

Well, I got the call.

The fuel injectors are toast. $740.00[addsig]

Ok, my mechanic rocks! He just called and said that they had a used injector rail, that they took from an engine. He put it on and said that it ran great and if I want to keep it on there, it'll cost me $220! Hmmm $740 vs. $220. $220 wins! I nkow it's used and won't "last as long", but I'm sure it'll last at least another 40,000 miles or more.

I love this shop!

Todd (can't wait to go get my baby)[addsig]

Back