headers

wranglerman

i was wanting to know if anyone knows the best type of paint to use on headers. i used the 1200 degree spray paint from napa and it is bubbling off after just a few min of the motor running. if anyone knows anything better to use let me know thanks.

Did you clean it REALLY good first and scuff it up a little? There was probably some grease you missed that was on them.

Some "laquer thinner" will clean it up nicely.

RE: Re: RE: crank position sensor

Brake cleaner is nice to use before paint too because it evaporates very quickly

I don't know about the powder coating. We've tried a few different powder coatings on our grills and have yet to find anyone that can do it and make it last. I don't know if the products to do it are even available. Our grill only gets to about 600 degrees, but the best we have seen powder coat do is about 350. Maybe we just have crappy powder coaters though.....I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=394&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=390&iSubCat=394
They have good stuff

I would even consider having them media blasted to remove any rust and the paint that you have already applied. Then just blow them off with compressed air and wipe them down with acetone before spraying.

Back