has anyone ever heard of a 6x9" sub?

Greencuke

i want to run subs, and i was thinking of used those speaker wedge boxes, but the ones for the '95 only hold 6x9" speakers. Ive been checking online, and i can only seem to find subs in 10" 12" 15" ect.... does a 6x(" exist only in my imagination?

Reggie[addsig]

I have never heard of any 6 x 9 subs but there might be. I have been playing with the idea of lifting my center consol to make it an arm rest on a good solid platform and setting a bazooza under pointing back. Just a thought Tug[addsig]

No, the bigger the size...the lower the sound it will be able to put out. 6X9s are good for the mid-sound. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Subs are generaly a round speaker. The bigger the speaker the lower the frequency it will handle. If you want a "BOOM" sound, I would go with a bazooka tube plus 6x9's. You should also get an amp and a crossover. With the crossover you can tell the low frequencies to go to only the sub, and the higher frquncies to go to the 6x9's[addsig]

they do have triangle and square subs, (kicker) but no 6x9s. what you can do.. is if you go to your local stereo place, they usually have low profile sub boxes that would fit right behind your backseat, which can fit a nice 10" thumper. I almost did this, then i took a look at my bank account... or the lack-thereof. also, i think tuffy might sell a center console that fits 2 8" subs.... maybe im just imagining it. BUT. if youre looking for a project.... go to the home depot and get some MDF (medium density fiberboard) and black speakerbox carpet(from a stereo place) and build your own center console to youre liking. i had an uncle do this and it was the best thing ever. 2 subs, custom cup holders, shallow storage pan with top.[addsig]

yea 6X9's are speakers and my friend had a bazooka tube. it hit pretty good but something happened to it. im not sure if he blew it or crushed it or something. but id try and get some sort of tube with a 10 inch sub in it, that way you can replace the crappy one they give you with a 10 inch perfect or pioneer or something. [addsig]

if you get a good set of 3-way 6x9s and put the right amout of power to them thay will hit very good. i had a set of sony explodes 6x9s they were 170 watts and i had them in boxes and hooked to a 240 watt amp and they sounded awesome. But thats just a thought.

[addsig]

i didn't realise you could run speakers through an amp, i thought that was just for subs?

Reggie[addsig]

Nah...you can run any kind of speaker with an amp...most of the time you will just want to run subs with it though...now days most stereos have plenty of power for your midrange and highs...amp is good for boosting the bass power. Tug what a great idea about the bass tube in the center....I never thought of that....I have a bass tube but never could find a good place to mount it in the jeep so that it could be heard good but out of the way. [addsig]

I ran a 10" tube behind my back seat and changed to front speakers with base blockers and the sound bar speakers. Tucked a 4 channel 100 watt amp under the dash to hide it and ran just the sound bar and the tube off the amp. It's like sitting in the middle of a speaker. High in front, mid over head and base in back. It works well...

ECOR

darrin@eastcoastoffroad.com

[addsig]

i have a 12" in my XJ... sounds great, not too loud and overpowering, i have it turned it down pretty low.[addsig]

Well I did have my setup running ok...I had the 2 4x6s up front then 2 6x9's in boxes on the fenderwells and the tube in the back...but when I put my on board air system in I took the tube out and put the tank behind my seat. I also have a sound bar but I dont have any speakers that fit in it right now....anyone know what size speaker fits in the 2 speaker bestop soundbar? I know that they are round.[addsig]

Back