Hard start

west747

well it is so dang cold that i havnt been able to start my car in about 2 days now. i think it is a frozen gas line cause its got lots of cranking power and turns over really good just wont fire. i got a 500 watt flood light sitting on the engine now heh. temp currently -25 C

this is also just a test as i am learning how to use the polls. seems pretty easy.

9 deg F and she fired right up for a Saturday mornin' donut run!

My jeep hates cold weather. It starts for me every time but will cut out if I don't heat it enough and the shifting is certainly harder. I Cannot wait for spring thaw, and now I have another reason!

Lady

My jeep starts great in cold weather and actually runs better. Most vehicles will run better and get more power in cold weather because there is more oxygen in cold air than there is in warmer air.....just getting it started seems to be the problem. I really noticed it when I owned my Mazda RX7. Those rotary engines love cold air.

It was -10 below saturday morning, my jeep very reluctantly started, kinda sounded like a slow dying record player but it fired up.

yeah that is true craig...but the vechical has to start first! :lol: :lol: finnally got my car going this morning. the light under the hood worked pretty good in a pinch. also put some gas line anti-freeze in as extra insurance. :D

Craig said:
My jeep starts great in cold weather and actually runs better. Most vehicles will run better and get more power in cold weather because there is more oxygen in cold air than there is in warmer air.....just getting it started seems to be the problem. I really noticed it when I owned my Mazda RX7. Those rotary engines love cold air.

Yeah, cold air is more dense which is why it burns better..

RX7? I'm a bit confused... I thought the RX8 was the one with the rotary engine :drool:

yeah I got one. now wasnt a good time to find out it didnt work tho..i do live in Canada :lol:

Uh oh, careful how you use the term "remote starter" around here, it caused quite a controversy last time!

Back