got a favor to ask a welder

Greencuke

i want some sway bar disconects, but am far too cheap to spend $80 for something that could be made for $5. ive read write-ups from guys who have made them, so i know its pretty simple, but the problem is i dont weld. If anyone has made them before and/or would like to try their luck, i would be more then willing to pay parts, shipping and labor. Let me know what you think.

Reggie[addsig]

what type of Jeep do you have? a YJ?

there's are some more simplier ways then welding...

1: You can chop your current links in 1/2 and drill them, but instead of welding a tube to one side you drill both sides of the tube and use two pins which is how the Rubicon Express disconnects are designed.

2: Keep your sway bar link intact, cut the pin off the sway bar and drill it out and use a hitch pin through the newly made hole as a quick disconnect.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>>> 2: Keep your sway bar link intact, cut the pin off the sway bar and drill it out and use a hitch pin through the newly made hole as a quick disconnect.<<

click here for this write-up... it looks easy and i'll be doing it soon!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

that's on a TJ, YJs are a bit different since the bottom pin is solid into the u-bolt plate.[addsig]

thanks guys, ill make a point to look into that tomorrow

Reggie[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>that's on a TJ, YJs are a bit different since the bottom pin is solid into the u-bolt plate.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm thats a good point. will it work on my XJ then?[addsig]

Back