goodbye to the YJ

Greencuke

the sad day has come, its time to break up w/ the love of my life. Like most women (this is probibly gonna get me in so much trouble...) she is becoming more trouble than she's worth. i spend way too much money on her and it doesnt keep her happy anymore. she's always complaining and having tantrums, and there are just so many younger, faster, prettier ones out there.
so i think im wanting a cherokee, i cant afford a newer wrangler right now, so thats pretty much out of the question. i want something 99-00ish and god willing for about 10k. there was also this blazer i was looking at, but id like to jeep in the jeep fam. dont hate me, but im also considering a max if i can find one i like......any input would be nice.
reggie

Dont give up the wrangler YJ. Are you kidding. What a cherokee. I like them but unless your making babies and need the room the little extra room inside aint worth it. What Blazer- have you lost your mind. Max- whats that. I just bought a new rubicon and you know what. I am still impressed buy how my 1993 wrangler performs compared to it. With 113,000 miles it runs great and with a couple of bolt-ons it wheels like nothin else. Unless the wrangler is in poor conditon I would keep it or upgrade into another one.

Out of those choices Go with the Cherokee. I would stay away from the blazer. I would assume It is the newer one that is an S-10. You can't get parts for them Lift kit is like $1500. I would recomend looking for a TJ I have seen some for around $10k

I would agree to the Cherokee being the bext choice for a used vehicle. Like Wranglers, parts are a dime a dozen. I can't help but to think that unless you just don't want a Jeep anymore, for a lot less money you could get your YJ to be a reliable daily driver. If you are determined to get rid of it, at least a cherokee will be easily modified at a reasonable cost to be capable for the occaisional trail ride.
Oh, and by "max", please tell me you don't mean a (shudder) nissan?

lol, i know the ricers arnt the most popular around here, but they are nice cars... i have re-evaluated my situiation (a recient trip the the bank) and decited that a newish ve-hickle is not in the cards. i figure theres no point in making payments if itll sit in my driveway for 6 months. so im gonna keep the yj till i leave for basic then w/ the cash uncle sam gives me get something new next dec. thanx for the input though
reggie

Back