good price on a waggy?

indiemo

2001 Cherokee Sport Shaking after bumps

I found a very nice 2-door wagoneer for sale and was curious what you guys thought about the price. I'm not sure of the year, but it's probably late 70s. Anyway it's the Laredo package, 360, auto, A/C, tilt, cruise, been rustproofed since day 1, (body is immaculate), only 58K original miles. It's on a lot (although I know the guy is a jeep nut) and he's listing it at $7800 which he said is negotiable. So what do you guys think?

Dana Conversion Help!

Little steap! Considering that they sold for a little less than $8000 back in 79. there is the inherant "depreciation once off the lot" sinerio. also, a vehicle that old with that little miles does not mean that it is in great condition. a lot of problems can be cause my a lack of driving rather than excesive driving!

I would offer $4000 and that is being generous!

Other than that, sounds real nice, would make a great trail rig! will require a lot of custom work to make it a monster! I think the most bolt on lift for the FSJ's is somewhere in the area of 4" which will allow for 31's due to the wheel well openings, and if it is such nice condition, I doubt that you want to cut up a nice old jeep like that!

I agree ...$7800 is steep for that jeep. Even if it is immaculate. $3500 - 4000 is as high as I would go and that would have to be for a damn near perfect Wagoneer

around here we have late 80's waggy's going for $1000-$2000 in awesome shape. with the v8 and all. another thing to consider is the fact that he is saying that it has 58000 miles. look at the odometer on a waggy it does not have a place for an extra digit. when you turn 100000 miles it goes back to 000000 miles. dont buy it, thats way too much. tell him you will give him 2 grand and you wont laugh in his face.

Back