Giant Catfish!!!

mingez

RE: Windshield Woes

I was meaning to post this 2 weeks ago, so most of you may have seen this, but if not, check this out.

catfish1-5.jpg

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Thai fishermen caught a 293-kilogram (646-pound) catfish that may have been the world's largest freshwater fish, wildlife conservation groups said.

The Mekong giant catfish was netted by villagers in a remote part of northern Thailand, the World Wildlife Fund and the National Geographic Society said in a statement.

Here's the link to the AP story: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/06/30/thailand.catfish.ap/

Here's the link to the National Geographic article: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/index.html

~~~Makes me want to go fishing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OK, OK, that is a big fish, but I wanna see a picture of the worm that was used for bait.

Regards,

Gadget :mrgreen:

Re: RE: Giant Catfish!!!

OMFG!!!!
that worm is DISGUSTING!!!! i dont have a problem touching worms but i think once they are bigger than litttle snakes i'm out :p
but to think that i used to think catfish were only small fish, dude i wasnt brite

*i cant belive theres actually a pic of the worm too

Now you know what a slim-jim is really made out of... dried giant worms.

Just so you all know, that's not REALLY the bait they used to catch that. :D

Why are you guys wasting time wondering about what bait they used.

Lets talk about the real important question when discussing a catfish of this magnatude.

Hush puppies or fries?

Don't catfish generally taste worse the bigger they are? I don't know, I don't eat them, but that's what I've always heard.

I don't know for sure, the biggest ones we have caught and ate are only about 8 to 10 lbs. I know that yellow cat are better than say blue cat.

Diamond Plate Rockers?

Junkpile said:
Don't catfish generally taste worse the bigger they are? I don't know, I don't eat them, but that's what I've always heard.

Depends on what species and what the environment is like. If it's in a mountain lake in Canada I'd say it'd taste better than the same size/species fish in the lower Rio Grande valley. Less pollution, metals, etc.

But I'd say that's true to an extent, but who know's what type of Cat that is... a flathead down here in New Mexico can taste pretty descent up to about 10-12 lbs.

12+ throw'em back and let someone else enjoy catching him.

Didn't The Old Man and The Sea take on a catfish like that? Or was that some other kind of fish? Either way, I think his was about that size :lol:

image-missing.png

HA~HA~HA~HA!

I just knew something like that was going to appear! :lol:

Mingez wrote:

Just so you all know, that's not REALLY the bait they used to catch that.

AAAWWWWwwww man, now you ruined the joke! :roll:

Why are you guys wasting time wondering about what bait they used. Lets talk about the real important question when discussing a catfish of this magnatude. Hush puppies or fries?

Why choose? Hush-puppies and fries!

88Wrangles wrote:

Didn't The Old Man and The Sea take on a catfish like that? Or was that some other kind of fish?

Santiago's (The old man of "The Old Man and the Sea") monumental struggle was with a marlin.

One of these:

1965AMCMarlin-6.jpg

Regards,

Gadget :mrgreen:

jeepguy46176 said:
I just want to see the pole and net that got that thing in the boat cause i know my line would have broke for sure. lol

image-missing.png

Back