Gears

FiCJeep

Who else is having this problem??

i was wondering if there was a preference as to which brand of gears to get, like is there a better quality or is there a brand jsut as good with bettter prices i have looked at genuine, richmond and a few others. the gears will be going into fullsize dana 44's.

also, would you recommend that i try and setup the gears myself or take them to a shop.

any insight will help.... thanks in advance

They say you get what you pay for, but I haven't found anything online to state whether or not that is true in the world of gears. I have "Precision Gears", and so far so good.

Quite honestly, I think the installation is more crucial to the life and performance than the gears themselves.

The quality of the materials, manufacturing processes, and heat treating becomes more important as the load placed on those gears increases. Got a strong V8, big tires, and low transmission/tcase gears? It might be wise to spend a few more bucks on one of the more "proven" brands. On the other hand, a factory four popper with an automatic transmission and a set of 33" ATs shouldn't have any concerns about running an off-brand cheapo set.
Proper set-up is critical, no matter what gear set you choose.

thanks for the advise, ill let ya know what happens

Precision Gears are what I had (old truck) and are great units, I have a couple buddies running Yukon Gears and have not had a problem yet, and are priced very competitively!

Yeah Yukon are great from what I hear, and I hope so cause I have Yukons in the front and rear! I got mine from Randy's Ring and Pinion.

Back