Firestone Destination M/T?

laneiac

So for a while now I have been researching which 33's to throw on my YJ, I initially wanted Kuhmo's, but they have been backordered for eons and I just dont have the patience. I have read good things about the firestone's, but wanted to know if y'all had any experiences with them, and if firestone can be trusted. The other option is BFG Mud T/As or All terrains. Thanks everyone. Lane

My dad has the destinations on his work truck and he said that there great in the snow and mud but they are really loud on the road and he went through a set really quick. I have the Goodyear MTR, there expensive but I love them.

I like the BFG, but if you were looking at the Kumho's to save a few bucks, maybe check out Dunlop's MT as an alternative.

I Just put a set of 32 1150 15 Mud Kings on my Jeep. They are made by BFGoodrich. I paid $119 at big O. They are a little differant tread patturn but they worked great so far. I am not sure if they make noise but I can't hear it over the wind of the soft top so they seem quiet to me.

Boy those Kumho's are causing us impatient guy a lot of grief!! I too have been trying to find them. I fell into an extra 2 bills and my wife had to actually coax me into the MTR's. I have wanted a set since they were just being tested. But my anal cheap side couldn't live with the price tag. But needless to say I ordered a set yesterday. 33 12.5 15's on there way!! waaaaaaahooooooooooooo!!!!

I have only read good things about the Firestone tires and most if not all the tire guys have respect for them. Firestone fell into the trap of the "big deal" with Ford. I wouldn't fear them at all. Ford wanted a tire at a certain price, and Firestone should have told them to go pound sand, but they didn't. They cut corners to meet Fords ridiculas price and got burned.

The mud kings are another option, they are great tires.

You can't go wrong with any of the choices listed.

Back