Finally in Florida!!!

ndnatty

RE: Off topic: Know any soldiers or anyone overseas?

Just moved from Northern VA to South Florida (Pembroke Pines which is around Fort Laurderdale) and am back online. Now I would like to know whos around and where to go wheeling!!! Also, getting a driver's license down here is almost impossible!!!! Something about getting an appointment which is backed up until mid next month!!!! WHAT THE *@#*!?!?!? But I am only 1.5 hours to Key Largo and diving! Well, I am sure there is some up here, but have yet to get out and find it.

RE: new here, howzit

Natty I adore South FLorida. I am SO SO SO jealous right now. Please don't mention FT. Lauderdale, Key Largo, and Diving in one post anymore. I may have to crawl off to a corner somewhere and cry in my coffee. lol

No, seriously, it is my life long dream to move there or to an island which ever comes first. How did you get it in you to move from VA to FL ? Was it a hard move?

That drivers liscense thing is crazy! Have a great time down there, nice to see you back!

Lady

I will take the chilly north anyday over 100 degree's of mosquitoes and crocadiles!

Congrats though! I do like florida.. just can't live there!

RE: oil drain plug

I just got down here too. I moved to Boca Raton about 4 days ago. I dont know any places to wheel but my cousin has 20 acres a little north of Boca that he takes his 4-wheeler out on. I will have to check that out and get back to you.

RE: been a while

Lady, the decision to move was not a hard one. Working in DC for three years was plenty, and the lure of diving and lazing around in the keys on the weekend helped with the decision. Of course a new job helped out! The move wasn't bad since we had a mover do it for us. Made enough on the sale of our house in VA to cover most of the cost of moving and buying a new place down here. Hardest part was living out of a suitecase for a couple of months while we found a new home and actually made the move. So nice to be here now and be able to eat at home!! Must have gained 10 pounds eating out all the time!

Judge09- let me know what you find out! Guess there's no moutains 'round here to plan in, but sure there's some muddin somewhere!

I found a place finally!

Natty, I had to go to DC yesterday matter of fact. It wore the whole group out to bits. There was a seventeen mile back up coming home over the bay bridge. Luckily, we missed it. We had about a five mile one going over but we made it through to get to our destination in time. We had to go to a miltary funeral at Arlington National Cemetary. I hope I never have to go to another one of those again in my entire life. It broke our hearts. I guess the chances I'll be going again are good with all the military action going on. What a shame.

Anyway, driving up there is insane. I could never live in or near DC, Baltimore, or Anap. No way now how.
Congrats on your move and getting settled!

Lady

Back