Fantasy Football Trade

mingez

Okay,

Did I screw up? I don't think so...I've shored up my WR core

Sammy Morris RB, Amani Toomer WR, and Keenan Mcardell WR.

For

Javon Walker, the 2nd Highest scoring WR in the game.

Sammy Morris, probably isn't going to start any more or is going to share the load in Miami. Amani has been a bust, and Mcardell is a good WR with upside.

EDIT:
To Clarify: I got Javon Walker in this deal.

I voted equal, but McCardell could come back to haunt you.....you really never know - might blow his knee out next game. But overall, I think you've improved your team. (Of course, you know how good my advice is :shock: ).

mud4feet said:
I voted equal, but McCardell could come back to haunt you.....you really never know - might blow his knee out next game. But overall, I think you've improved your team. (Of course, you know how good my advice is :shock: ).

Actually got Javon Walker, not McCardell...so, I hope people aren't saying I screwed up.

Here's my line up until I do some drop/adds:
QB's:
Trent Green
Testiverde

RB's:
Reuben Droughns
Michael Pittman
Brian Westbrook

WR's:
Jimmy Smith
Javon Walker
Michael Clayton

TE's:
Jason Witten
Jermaine Wiggins

Shane Graham--Kicker

Patriots -- def.

My WR's are solid now. I had good ones, but no game breakers...I hope Walker is the answer to that. I had Portis, and traded for Droughns, who I think long run will be better. Portis has a tough schedule and unfavorable matchups, and was a big dissapointment in the first half of the season.

Green is on fire.

Westbrook will come back against Dallas, and Pittman has shown the ability to have big games depending on the match up.

I'm trying to shop Wiggins somehow.

Actually got Javon Walker, not McCardell

Yeah, I meant he may burn you by scoring big points and you don't have him anymore.....sort of thing. Lineup looks pretty good except for Interceptiverde - I know he can put up big numbers, but more often than not, he gives it up a lot. Our scoring's probably different, but I think I'd have the same record if I didn't even have any tight ends (we use 2). They've probably scored me about 20 points all year long. And, of course, none available.

In our league they score 1.5 points per every yard. So TE's are valuable.

Testiverde, I'll probably be dropping, but that was the first bad game he's had. He has been super consistent until then.

mingez said:
In our league they score 1.5 points per every yard. So TE's are valuable........

That sounds interesting. In our league, RB's, WR's, and TE's - 1 point for every 10 yds. QB's, 1 point for every 25 passing yds. Makes TE's pretty worthless unless they're a go-to guy in the red zone.

mud4feet said:
mingez said:
In our league they score 1.5 points per every yard. So TE's are valuable........

That sounds interesting. In our league, RB's, WR's, and TE's - 1 point for every 10 yds. QB's, 1 point for every 25 passing yds. Makes TE's pretty worthless unless they're a go-to guy in the red zone.

Yeah, we did that on purpose because of their worthlessness. But there are some quality one's this year.

Eric Johnson
Jason Witten
Tony Gonzales
Antonio Gates (wow!)
Wiggins
McMichael
Shockey...although hasn't perfored till now.

I've got McMichael - he's the only one that's done anything at all - and, of course, a bye this week.

Wiring Question

i voted equal. BUT, i've always like "well dressed" amani toomer (as boomer would say), i think he could bounce back, the giants have the run game going, its only a matter of time before they start to stretch the field on teams. and mccardell......could be good, not so much cause of him, but because of drew brees. i've always liked brees, even though he's done poorly the last 2 seasons, i still thought he was a good qb. i thought he should have won the heisman over weinke. he got a bad rap at purdue cause none of his WR's were that good, and same as in san diego so far. his only target to this point in his career has been tomlinson out of the backfield, now look what he's doing with antonio gates and mccardell around him.

so i guess my point wasnt really about mccardell, it was more about brees....ahaha.....not a bad trade mingez.

PS - how good could that guy's team have been to start with when he can make a trade losing one player and get 3? i dont always like deals like that cause then i have to drop 2 players. so you def didnt screw him if he had someone on his team he'd drop for sammy morris. hah

That's the crazy thing, he's got Bettis, but I sold it to him that Morris was going to be the bomb.

J. smith, Michael Clayton, and J. Walker...not bad. I'm happy with that WR core.

Amani Toomer has been horrible this year. Lee Evans, the #2 WR in Buffalo has more points than him. Curtis Conway, the #3 WR in SF does too. :shock: Yikes! Ronald Curry in Oakland...the list goes on.

I had to let Toomer go....he was killing me. As Trump says, "Ya Fiyed".

well bettis is not that valuable. he had yards last week in place of staley yes, but no td's, and in other games, he gets td's but no yards, i know td's are more valuable, but as an endzone back, its hard to know what to expect from him.

Back