Fantasy Football advice.

mingez

Okay, I'm in a bind. My starter is Trent Green, but even though he has been playing GREAT, he faces a tough TB defense. They are good against the pass.

I have Vinny T, who has been the most consistent QB this year, and Jeff Garcia. Garcia faces Baltimore, so I'm not starting him.

Should I go with a better QB, Green at the tough D of Tampa, or go with Consistent Vinny T, agains a suspect Cinci secondary. BTW they both are coming off of HUGE games last week.

TIA... my jeepz peepz.

Cinci's secondaries are not too shabby, but you can always count on Vinny to rack up yards. Not being real familiar with fantasy football (only what I hear on ESPN radio), I don't know if it is an issue, but Vinny's been known to hand over an interception or three - hence the nickname "Interceptaverde"

I'd play Trent Green because of the simple fact that I have Tampa's defense, so they'll probably fall on their face. Last week my two defenses collectively scored a big -7!

For me I stick to fantasy girls! Football would be just a waste of a good famtasy in my humble way of seeing things. tug

I hope you didn't listen to me :oops:

V. Testaverde CP/AT-18/30 YDS-207 TD-0 INT-3

T. Green CP/AT-32/42 YDS-369 TD-3 INT-2

a little late on the help, but had i seen this on time, i would have told you garcia, that said.....i hope you would have also listened....hahah, sorry i'll be quicker next time.

I'M NEVER SITTING TRENT GREEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! He is on fire!

31 Points he would have got me. Luckily...I still won....assuming Minnesota's D doesn't score 35 points tommorrow night!

mingez said:
........31 Points he would have got me. Luckily...I still won....

So much for my advice - no wonder I'm 4-4 (possibly 4-5 after tonight) :cry:

Yeah, but I'm picking Griese up as a back up. Holy crap that guys on fire. And Pittman has emerged as a legit #2. I'm sitting Westbrook as a result of his performance these days. I'm 6-3. Tied for the top of my division. But it's swung my way cause the other guys in my division have more points for.

Are you guys on CBS sportsline?

130-130 - No tiebreakers in our league. If Onterrio Smith or Marvin Harrison would've ran a few more yards, one more point would've done it!

Got a couple more fantasy questions for you guys
Who do you think i should start at qb? Tom Brady @ Buffalo or Michael Vick @ TB
also at rb should i play Corey Dillon @ Buffalo or Michael Pittman @ATL
I usually play dillon but he's facing a tough run defense and pittmans coming off his biggest game of the season
Thanks a lot guys

well if you mention buffalo as a good run defense, you also have to look at how sporadic atlanta's defense has been. they gave up what...8 rushing td's to KC one game, but other games, have looked downright stifling, you do have to wonder though if john gruden's influence in tampa has finally set in and the offense will become a machine.....i think that i'd go with dillon personally as long as he's healthy, but then....look at my signature

as for the qb, vick is kind of an all or nothing guy, brady should be good for about 200 yards and 2 td's. but you never know, its a double edged sword if you play dillon and brady and hope dillon rushes for a few and brady passes for a few, maybe brady will pass it to dillon :wink:

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for a loss if you get one.

BUT, If it were me, I'd play Pittman because he should be good for atleast one TD. And If you've been watching him, he's been running REALLY well. And he recieves too.

Tampa showed that a good QB can score a lot against them as Trent Green did last week. AND without the threat of Priest for a good portion of the game. Vick should do well and run well.

mailtruck said:
Got a couple more fantasy questions for you guys
Who do you think i should start at qb? Tom Brady @ Buffalo or Michael Vick @ TB...........

I think I'd go with Brady - Tampa D used to have Vick's number. Of course, that was under Dungee so now.....who knows? I'd still go with Brady.

Well I usually have no problem losing on my own so I figured any advise I could get would be helpful.
I'm leaning towards starting pittman and brady. I can't bench both my hometown team players.
Go Pats!!!

Long time no see... HELP :(

Okay, I've got another one:

#2 RB

Westbrook vs. Dallas or Derrick Blaylock vs. New Orleans. Assuming they keep Priest Holmes out.

Back