fabrics

wranglerman

My boyfriend has a jeep wrangler and is in college. He recently purchased a piece of crap chair with stains all of it to keep in his dorm room next year. I was thinking itd be a neat idea to get some jeep fabric and redo his chair. The problem is I can't find any jeep fabric anywhere.. Any suggestions????? Please help!!!!!! MEN ask your wives mothers or anyone who might know how I can get some please...

THANKS
wranglerman's woman =)[addsig]

You might try emailing or making friends
with someone At BESTOP.Com

See if you can by the Fabric by the yard,
or scraps...>>??

Don't know if this helps, but welcome to
the board, others may have better ideas.

Good LUCK!!![addsig]

See if you can find a used drivers seat from a Wrangler, build a little stand for it, add armrests and your all set. Smelly old chair is gone, and has been replaced by a more comfy seat that says jeep!!

Johnny[addsig]

I'd buy a plain chair cover in color of choice, then have jeep emboroidered on it like someone suggested. And, don't worry most of the guys I knew in college had some sort of gross piece of furniture. One guy I knew had a love seat that smelled like gasoline, b/c it had been stored in his parent's garage for years...but he could'nt part w/ it. His dorm room smelled like, well, a garage. I'm not suggesting anyone try this, but it ended up in a parking lot on fire so that him and his buddies could jump over it. I've actually seen that happen a couple of times. Maybe it is a guy thing? Oh well, I miss the days of crappy furniture and no bills!!! [addsig]

Wranglerman's Woman=)

Try one of the better automotive upholstery shops in your area. They are asked to repair or replace factory seats and I'd imagine they have suppliers with the material information. They might even recover it for you.

"Google" search for "Factory Automotive Upholstery Material" or something similar would be another idea.
A couple of websites to view and call, where you could ask for help or direction.
http://www.hotrodders.com/terms/automobile_upholstery.html
http://www.upholsterysupply.com/

Noli's idea of Snitty's idea of a plain (Jeep colored fabric or vinyl) cover with JEEP embroidered on it might be another option.

Possibility #39. Go to jcwhitney.com and pickup some GRANT® BUCKET SEAT PROTECTORS. This is a slip cover, you can embroider "JEEP" on and slip over the existing seat (Make sure it fits before embroidering. It’s kind of hard to return after that) Which can be removed to clean after one of those dorm parties, his roommates have while he's home visiting you.

From what I remember, college dorm roommates will destroy everything in sight, especially, but not only, their first year and you might not want to make it too nice. A new shirt might be the way to go. LoL

Plus. If he's a cool guy, he will like anything you do.

Good Luck. Have Fun :cool:
[addsig]

Back