Engine swap worthy?

JP

Thinking of a motor swap for my tired '95 2.5 yj. I found an 02 2.5 with 27k on it, and my question is will all components be a direct swap for mine? fuel injection, sensors? will my computer work? will I have to make any mods?

Reuse your 2.5L engine harness, FI, and all the sensors and it will work fine. Reuse your '95 engine brackets for the accessories.

on a side note, speaking around the campfire this past weekend with a fellow jeeper, who is mechanically proficient, we threw around the idea of throwing in a cummins diesel when the time comes. any feedback on this, thanks.

Whats up fellow Bostonian! As for the diesle, go for it, gonna be tuff, but can be done. European jeeps come with diesles, see if you can get some assistance from someone on the other side of the pond!

what up jps!! Thats a mighty big pond to visit to have a smelly, complicated, oops this station dont sell diesel, just one sec honey... the plugs need to warm up... mess. honestly if I could, I'd rather go with that AA vortex swap, now thats NICE! Why not? its not like jeeps get good mileage anyway. Ooh, the power... ARGH...ARGH...ARGH... :D

Back