Electrical problems

bajaxj

Here the the quick story 96 xj 4.0 5spd. Driving in last night going to work all is well got off work went to start it. Truck cranks but no start. Here is what I know
It has fuel.
Battery has 13.8 V
No Spark pulled wire coil wire to ground out.
No voltage going to the coil.
According the the peice of crap schematic (Hanes Manual.) that I have the coil gets voltage from the Alt. Battery voltage to the Alt.
I am thinking crank sensor but not sure when you crank the truck the tach doesnt move but I am not sure if the needle will bounce while cranking. But then again the tach gets it signal from the coil and well no juice.
Any help would be great
Mark

bajaxj said:
Here the the quick story 96 xj 4.0 5spd. Driving in last night going to work all is well got off work went to start it. Truck cranks but no start. Here is what I know
It has fuel.
Battery has 13.8 V
No Spark pulled wire coil wire to ground out.
No voltage going to the coil.
According the the peice of crap schematic (Hanes Manual.) that I have the coil gets voltage from the Alt. Battery voltage to the Alt.
I am thinking crank sensor but not sure when you crank the truck the tach doesnt move but I am not sure if the needle will bounce while cranking. But then again the tach gets it signal from the coil and well no juice.
Any help would be great
Mark

I'm leaning towards crank sensor too.

Back