Did anyone watch the History Channel last night

judge09

They have this program call Modern Marvels on the history channel. They touch on a variety of technlogical advances. Well last night they had the history of 4x4. From the early 1900 when FDM (?) and Willys were competing for the military's first motor vehicle contract, to replace horses to present day 4WD and AWD. It was really interesting and I am sure everyone on this board would get a kick out of watching it. Check your local listings.

2 BBL to 4 BBL, any advantages?

I didn't see it last night but I've seen it before. It was pretty interesting. The history channel, discovery channel, tlc are my favorites.

saw the beginning of that show right before I went out on my first paragon run, didn;t get to see the end of it till last night. Great show.

-Brian

i saw it... for the 30th time... it come on ALOT if anyone missed it

I've seen it 50 times. I just wanted to get in on the "One-uping" of it's veiwing. Hehehehee

If it's the one I've seen, then there is an arctic lancruiser portion. Those things kick ass! Huge! When one of there tires comes off the rim, the method by which they remount the tire is by spraying the rim with carberator cleaner and lighting it on fire. Sooooo cooool.

south442 said:
they remount the tire is by spraying the rim with carberator cleaner and lighting it on fire. Sooooo cooool.

Hair spray works nicely too Mingez :shock:

Are you suggesting I bring (GULP) hairspray on the trail??! :D :D
Hehehehehe.

But, wasn't the temperature a factor in that working?

'98 XJ owner's manual

LoL, no, most people won't have hair spray along on the trail. That was how I was first shown. External temperature? Is that what you are refering to? I don't know if that would effect it or not.

Anything combustible will work. The rapid expansion of air when you ignite the carb cleaner, hair spray, starting fluid, most arosolized (sp) flamables etc will cause the tire to seat.

Don't try this at home. :lol:

Back